Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Laminate Flooring for Kitchen?

On Jun 3, 2:46*pm, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:31*am, mike wrote:

On Jun 3, 6:49*am, John wrote:

My wife just saw some laminate flooring she likes, and she wants to
pick it up for our kitchen area. *I've never had laminate flooring
before, so I don't know much about it. *It is affordable, but I'm
worried about durability -- especially in the kitchen, where there's
water, and apple-juice to be spilled. *I was wondering if anyone had
any insights.

(the particular flooring is called Trillium, oak)

Thanks

John

I wouldn't do it. *Even if you thought it was waterproof, all it takes
is for some funky sauce to get spilled in the gaps to cause never-
ending smell, not to mention mold growth.

Tile- Hide quoted text -

I've had it in mine for 7+ years as a temp measure. Still there and
has stood up well except where the dogs water bowl is.