Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default American Standard Champion toilet- question about flushing and watersplash

Just had a Champion (American Standard) installed .. I like it. my
question- when one flushes the toilet, seems like the water splashes
somewhat... is this normal? if not, what is the cause and how do I
correct it? When I say splash, it does not get the toilet seat wet,
but is definitely more water movement than with my toto... Again, this
is when one flushes it, right after you press the plunger you get the
"splash" then the toilet cleans and 'replaces the water"
Posted to alt.home.repair

KOS wrote:
Just had a Champion (American Standard) installed .. I like it. my
question- when one flushes the toilet, seems like the water splashes
somewhat... is this normal? if not, what is the cause and how do I
correct it? When I say splash, it does not get the toilet seat wet,
but is definitely more water movement than with my toto... Again, this
is when one flushes it, right after you press the plunger you get the
"splash" then the toilet cleans and 'replaces the water"

I think mine is a Champion "4". Four is for the 4" flush valve.
Anyway, mine does not seem to splash. It's a bit louder than an old
style toilet, and the water does travel fast, but splash? No not mine.

I lost track of time, I think it's been about 1 year since I installed
it. Not one clog. I put the plunger in the other bathroom that only
company uses. (Not that it was needed, but just in case.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is not a problem we've encountered before, so we'd like to learn
more about it. Can you contact our Customer Service team (http://
www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx) and tell us what model you
have? We'll report back anything we learn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 10, 9:25*pm, KOS wrote:
Just had a Champion (American Standard) installed .. I like it. my
question- when one flushes the toilet, seems like the water splashes
somewhat... is this normal? if not, what is the cause and how do I
correct it? When I say splash, it does not get the toilet seat wet,
but is definitely more water movement than with my toto... Again, this
is when one flushes it, right after you press the plunger you get the
"splash" then the toilet cleans and 'replaces the water"

If the poo comes back in your face when you flush, it's a problem.

If the poo goes down the hole when you flush, worry about something
important.

Posted to alt.home.repair

thegirl wrote:
This is not a problem we've encountered before, so we'd like to learn
more about it. Can you contact our Customer Service team (http://
www.americanstandard-us.com/contactUs.aspx) and tell us what model you
have? We'll report back anything we learn.

I'm not the OP but I do have a simple fix for the the problem of how
hard you have to press the handle to make it flush. In normal operation
you push so hard on the handle that you can feel the plastic parts
flexing. I doubt if it will break, but it sure gives it a very cheap
"feal". Scrape up a couple dollars and I'll share it with you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"wingfoot001" wrote in message
Just had a Champion (American Standard) installed .. I like it.
my
question- when one flushes the toilet, seems like the water
splashes
somewhat... is this normal? if not, what is the cause and how do
correct it? When I say splash, it does not get the toilet seat
wet,
but is definitely more water movement than with my toto...
Again, this
is when one flushes it, right after you press the plunger you
get the
"splash" then the toilet cleans and 'replaces the water"

I too am having the same problem. And I mean that it is a real
problem. No
one likes having urine mixed with poo splashing back onto the
toilet lid
and seat. Since this is a brand new toilet and I've just had my
whole
bathroom remodeled, I would really like to get a fix!

Try lowering the water level in the tank some. It may help, so
long as you still get a complete flush.

Nonny

--
On most days,