Alan

Default American Standard Champion Toilet Opinion Needed

Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any problems
(other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone ever hear
of one clogging? TIA.

ADC

I've had one about 7 months--clogged only once in that time. It's not much
louder than a regular low-flow toilet. It's big--my wife calls it the
frankentoilet. I would recoomend it.
"Alan" wrote in message
Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any problems
(other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone ever
hear
of one clogging? TIA.

Percival P. Cassidy

We've had two for a few months. They've never needed to be flushed more
than once, and they don't strike us as noisy. On one, the seal on the
"plunger" kept leaking, but AS sent a package of new ones free.

Perce

On 01/17/05 09:40 am Alan tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any problems
(other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone ever hear
of one clogging? TIA.

ADC

It unclogged with a single plunge..no snake required. I probably could have
flushed again and it would have been fine, but was used to using the plunger
on the older toilet, so... Go with the bigger one...it may look strange,
but it's more comfortable.

"Alan" wrote in message
Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any

problems
(other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone ever
hear
of one clogging? TIA.

Alan

The bathroom this one is going in is very small (the original Champion would
literally look like a throne in this room), so the smaller toilet should be
a better fit. Except for the higher tank, it's pretty much the same size as
the one that's in there now. The seat will be slightly higher, which should
also be better. If it works out well, we have a bigger bathroom that can
take the bigger toilet. Thanks again. Amazing how common this problem is...

"Alan" wrote in message
Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any

problems
(other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone

ever
hear
of one clogging? TIA.

SN

Alan wrote:
Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any problems
(other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone ever hear
of one clogging? TIA.

All I can tell you about the Champion is that I installed one in my
plumbing class and played around with it, and it flushes very quickly
and very forcefully. It does have a good reputation for reliable
flushing according to the master plumber instructor. They are expensive.
They list for about $400 and sell for about $260 depending on where you
get it.