Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flooring nailer

I have one of these and just finished installing about 500sf of engineered
flooring in the living room and entry. Worked GREAT! And it was almost as
cheap as renting. My son previously used it to install solid oak flooring
with no problems. We both used 2" staples.

As previously mentioned, the first and last two rows will probably need to
be face nailed due to clearance problems.

Ca****cher

"stryped" wrote in message
I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.- Hide quoted text -

I actually have a finish nailer air operated but have not used it in
several years. I used it for basboards years back. Is it better to use
this to face nail the first few boards or to go by hand?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've done it both ways. Using a Porter-Cable 15ga finish nailer with 2"
nails leaves a slightly smaller hole to fill than using 6d finish nails.