Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flooring nailer

On Mar 30, 7:28*am, "Joe" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

If it handles flooring 1/32" over 3/4, it should handle 3/4 just fine.

Look at it this way, if it doesn't do the job and you have to rent for a
day, you're still cheaper than buying a bostich pneumatic.

My problem is it will take me many days due to time constraints.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 9:58*am, stryped wrote:
On Mar 30, 7:28*am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

If it handles flooring 1/32" over 3/4, it should handle 3/4 just fine.

Look at it this way, if it doesn't do the job and you have to rent for a
day, you're still cheaper than buying a bostich pneumatic.

My problem is it will take me many days due to time constraints.

How does this thing work? It uses air, but you still have to hit with
a hammer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 7:28*am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

If it handles flooring 1/32" over 3/4, it should handle 3/4 just fine..

Look at it this way, if it doesn't do the job and you have to rent for a
day, you're still cheaper than buying a bostich pneumatic.

My problem is it will take me many days due to time constraints.

How does this thing work? It uses air, but you still have to hit with
a hammer?

When you whack the nailer with the mallet the tongue is driven into
the groove of the previous board and then the cleat is driven through
the next tongue securing the new board to the floor. Air helps with
the second part and gives a consistent depth of nailing with minimal
splitting caused by an off-center blow or repeated blows.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 30, 7:28 am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

If it handles flooring 1/32" over 3/4, it should handle 3/4 just fine.

Look at it this way, if it doesn't do the job and you have to rent for a
day, you're still cheaper than buying a bostich pneumatic.

My problem is it will take me many days due to time constraints.

How does this thing work? It uses air, but you still have to hit with
a hammer?

The hammer is the trigger. You hit with hammer, nail goes in.

Pneumatic means you don't have to hit as hard as manual.

Given the number and type of questions you're asking, I think I lot of
research is in order.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 7:28 am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

If it handles flooring 1/32" over 3/4, it should handle 3/4 just fine..

Look at it this way, if it doesn't do the job and you have to rent for a
day, you're still cheaper than buying a bostich pneumatic.

My problem is it will take me many days due to time constraints.

How does this thing work? It uses air, but you still have to hit with
a hammer?

The hammer is the trigger. *You hit with hammer, nail goes in.

Pneumatic means you don't have to hit as hard as manual.

Given the number and type of questions you're asking, I think I lot of
research is in order.- Hide quoted text -

That is why I am asking the questions:

One thing I noticed in the directions it says: "The nailing machine
MUST HAVE a protective foot attachment to prevent edge bruising and
finish damage. Use one of the following: Stanley Bostich (multiple
models with millifootkit Powernailer with nailershoe, etc."

Does the harbor freight one have what this is tlakign about? I am not
sure what it means.

Posted to alt.home.repair

stryped wrote:

On Mar 30, 7:28 am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

[...]

http://harborfreight.com/ has downloadable instruction manuals for all
their tools.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 30, 3:00*pm, "Bob(but not THAT Bob)"
wrote:
stryped wrote:

On Mar 30, 7:28 am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

[...]

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---- Hide quoted text -

It does not say anythign about a "protective foot attachment