Posted to alt.home.repair
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Flooring nailer

On Mar 30, 12:55*pm, "Joe" wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

On Mar 30, 9:58 am, stryped wrote:

On Mar 30, 7:28 am, "Joe" wrote:

"stryped" wrote in message

I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap:

Can you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of
3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this
mean it wont do 3/4? I have never heard of 25/32 flooring.

If it handles flooring 1/32" over 3/4, it should handle 3/4 just fine..

Look at it this way, if it doesn't do the job and you have to rent for a
day, you're still cheaper than buying a bostich pneumatic.

My problem is it will take me many days due to time constraints.

How does this thing work? It uses air, but you still have to hit with
a hammer?

The hammer is the trigger. *You hit with hammer, nail goes in.

Pneumatic means you don't have to hit as hard as manual.

Given the number and type of questions you're asking, I think I lot of
research is in order.- Hide quoted text -

That is why I am asking the questions:

One thing I noticed in the directions it says: "The nailing machine
MUST HAVE a protective foot attachment to prevent edge bruising and
finish damage. Use one of the following: Stanley Bostich (multiple
models with millifootkit Powernailer with nailershoe, etc."

Does the harbor freight one have what this is tlakign about? I am not
sure what it means.