Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving a camper trailer

... with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

Awesome!

Not anything like that, but I often wondered what it would be like to
have a hitch on the front bumper, just for parking or getting out of
tight spaces?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony wrote:

Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

Awesome!

Not anything like that, but I often wondered what it would be like to
have a hitch on the front bumper, just for parking or getting out of
tight spaces?

Front hitches are very common and useful for pushing a trailer into a
tight space.
Posted to alt.home.repair
LdB LdB is offline

On 3/15/2010 5:39 PM, Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

The video was recorded in 1974. I remember seeing fifth wheel camper
trailer ads from back then with hitches mounted on car roofs. As I
recall they were the same size as the big fifth wheels of today that
are being towed around with trucks.

Roof towing with cars was short lived. There must have been some
serious issues with safety. Bet the lawyers had a field day with them.

You would need one big roll cage built into the cars passenger
compartment to support the hitch. Too bad, it was a good idea. If
nothing else they would have made some good action movie footage.

LdB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

Wow, that's pretty darned cool!

I must admit I an nostalgic for the days before the outdoorsman's "arms
race" of campers and big trucks/SUVs.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony wrote:
Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

Awesome!

Not anything like that, but I often wondered what it would be like to
have a hitch on the front bumper, just for parking or getting out of
tight spaces?

Hi,
That trailer must be made of card boards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:12:55 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Tony wrote:
Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

Awesome!

Not anything like that, but I often wondered what it would be like to
have a hitch on the front bumper, just for parking or getting out of
tight spaces?

Hi,
That trailer must be made of card boards.

I disagree. Watching, when moving forward, the front shocks change
positions. You can see the VW squat-down in the rear under a load of
those days. Not likely with card board.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:08:12 -0500, LdB wrote:

On 3/15/2010 5:39 PM, Oren wrote:
.. with 360° maneuverability

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeJ4...ure=popt02us05

The video was recorded in 1974. I remember seeing fifth wheel camper
trailer ads from back then with hitches mounted on car roofs. As I
recall they were the same size as the big fifth wheels of today that
are being towed around with trucks.

Roof towing with cars was short lived. There must have been some
serious issues with safety. Bet the lawyers had a field day with them.

You would need one big roll cage built into the cars passenger
compartment to support the hitch. Too bad, it was a good idea. If
nothing else they would have made some good action movie footage.

LdB

I actually saw one at a RV show. It was different, I'll say that,
Never saw one again, on road or otherwise.

Duke
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-03-17, Oren wrote:

I disagree. Watching, when moving forward, the front shocks change
positions. You can see the VW squat-down in the rear under a load of
those days. Not likely with card board.

I noticed the same thing. Not real wild about that carrier top hitch,
also. A clever concept, but not terribly practical.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-03-17, Oren wrote:

I disagree. Watching, when moving forward, the front shocks change
positions. *You can see the VW squat-down in the rear under a load of
those days. Not likely with card board.

I noticed the same thing. *Not real wild about that carrier top hitch,
also. *A clever concept, but not terribly practical.

nb

"but not terribly practical"

Just curious - Why do you say that?

It certainly seems practical when used as shown in the video - with
the right sized car, it sure seemed to perform as advertised.