Too_Many_Tools

Default The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

While I have moved a number of machines over the years, one common
problem is having the means to load and unload the trailer. Rarely
have I had access to a forklift at the location where my latest find
has been. While there are ways to load and unload any trailer, the
common problem has always been doing it with minimal equipment in
awkward locations with less than adequate number of helpers. After
searching for awhile for a trailer that is made to haul machinery, I
would say that the following link shows the best combination of
features for a machine carrying trailer. I would like to hear your
comments and suggestions as to what you would add to this trailer.
While added capacity is always welcomed, there is an upper limit to
what a 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup will tow. I would also be interested in
your opinion on the Bil-Jax trailer product line.

TIA

TMT

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...03%2D01%2D0003

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...D01%2D0007++++
George

(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

snipped

... I would also be interested in
your opinion on the Bil-Jax trailer product line.

TIA

TMT

snip

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...D01%2D0007++++

I've used this trailer many times and it's just great.

If you are moving a piece of machinery, the only other thing that you
need is a pallet jack (and maybe a Johnson bar).

Roll your machine onto the trailer, crank it up and drive away.

The deck of the trailer measures about 5' wide by 6' long so you do
have that limitation. The advantage is that the deck goes down flat on
the ground. If you compare that to the lift gate on a truck, this
little trailer is a whole lot easier to load. Lift gates always seem
to have a ~2" hump. It can be a real challenge trying to manually roll
a 5,000 Lb machine up that hump.

My local Rental Max has that trailer for rent at $40.00 a day.

--
George.
ATP

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

That is awesome. How much?

jim rozen

In article , Too_Many_Tools
says...

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

I would say, Grant Irwin's knuckle boom truck is the
perfect solution.

Jim

please reply to:

larry g

While this looks to be a good trailer, I think that I'd ask or see how it
does on uneven ground, or 1/2 lowered. Can you load it while the tail end
is setting on a step, or must it be fully up or down?
lg
no neat sig line
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
om...
[...]

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...&OrderDI R=AS
C&Page=1&pID=B03%2D01%2D0003

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...&OrderDI R=AS
C&Page=1&pID=B03%2D01%2D0007++++

Grant Erwin

No, it isn't, Jim. The issue is INSURANCE. My truck costs over $100/month
just to park it in my driveway, insured. No one will write a policy that
isn't a "commercial" policy. Trailers, OTOH, don't cost anything for
insurance. I sold my truck and am now looking at trailers ..

However, this trailer can't get a Bridgeport down an ancient cracked external
concrete stairwell like a knuckle boom truck can .. see for yourself:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/IHyard.jpg
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/mill10.jpg

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Too_Many_Tools
says...

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

I would say, Grant Irwin's knuckle boom truck is the
perfect solution.

Jim

Sunworshiper

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:20:22 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

No, it isn't, Jim. The issue is INSURANCE. My truck costs over $100/month
just to park it in my driveway, insured. No one will write a policy that
isn't a "commercial" policy. Trailers, OTOH, don't cost anything for
insurance. I sold my truck and am now looking at trailers ..

However, this trailer can't get a Bridgeport down an ancient cracked external
concrete stairwell like a knuckle boom truck can .. see for yourself:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/IHyard.jpg
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/mill10.jpg

Now that is cool ! I can't seem to get the OP pictures , but will
those types of trailers that go down to the ground handle that much
weight? I've only seen two and they both had a lever type suspension
which sure didn't "look" like it could handle something heavy and
survive pot holes or such.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Too_Many_Tools
says...

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

I would say, Grant Irwin's knuckle boom truck is the
perfect solution.

Jim

jim rozen

In article , Grant Erwin says...

No, it isn't, Jim. The issue is INSURANCE. My truck costs over $100/month
just to park it in my driveway, insured. No one will write a policy that
isn't a "commercial" policy. Trailers, OTOH, don't cost anything for
insurance. I sold my truck and am now looking at trailers ..

Hmm, 1200 per year doesn't sound that bad at all. Unless you
are saying that the 1200 only covers it, when it's not being
driven.

However, this trailer can't get a Bridgeport down an ancient cracked external
concrete stairwell like a knuckle boom truck can .. see for yourself:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/IHyard.jpg
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/mill10.jpg

Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of.
The riggers that work here have a small boom crane truck that
does the same thing for them, with a bit more extension.

Jim

please reply to:

Toolbert

[...]

Hi TMT,

That's a neat looking trailer - with a winch and a pipe or two, would make
many trips easy.

IMO the bed is too short - need at least 8' to be worth owning. Also the
high sides may make the 5' width a problem. Typical mill you need to load
lined up front-back, can you always raise the table high enough to clear?

6' wide x 10' long bed is more useful. If I built something this size it
might be a tilt-bed instead of a drop-bed. I am less interested in the bed
sitting flat and level on the ground, it's good enough to have a flat bed
with a back edge that can reach the ground. If the front end is raised let
the winch handle it. (Works for a winch, not a pallet jack)

I've had good luck being in the right place at the right time with a
full-size pickup and a removable rack, and finding local arrangements for
lift frame in front of the shop for anything else up to 5 tons.

My limited experience with rentals has been a rule-of-thumb that (a) you
need a tandem-axle trailer to do anything safely, and (b) rental T/A's
require a 3/4 ton PU. But if you *own* a T/A there are safe arrangements to
set up brake control and towing with a 1/2 ton PU or similar size SUV.

I wound up upgrading to a 3/4 ton PU but in hindsight should have stuck with
the older, better, more reliable 1/2 ton and invested in the right trailer.

I've pondered trailers with built-in lifting frames, outriggers, sliding
beds and such and never got past fundamental problems with weight and
complexity. This bil-jax trailer is probably engineered better than a
typical home project. Hard to build something as safe and useful that comes
close on the empty weight.

Bob

Brian Lawson

Hey TMT,

Looks pretty good, and a real good capacity, both weight and floor
area!! No prices shown though. Be nice if you could rent one from
U-Haul or some such.

One of the vendors that comes to NAMES each year has a much smaller
lighter duty same principles.

About 5 years ago, there was a vehicle produced just up the road from
me in Chatham called the Ergo. Only lasted maybe one year or so.
They bought new 4 wheel drive Chrysler product pick-up trucks as a
base, then chopped the rear wheel drive-train part off to create a
heavy duty front wheel drive only. They did pretty much to the
pick-up box as what your BilJax trailer does. The Ergo company went
belly up as soon as Chrysler began to refuse ANY warrantee on ANY item
on the new owners vehicle. They just refused to honour anything at
all, even if it wasn't in any way associated with the changes Ergo
made.

There are also boat hauling trailers made similar, but they have a
really large capacity. Can't give you a brand name though.

I've used a "car" trailer to winch stuff onto. Works OK because there
is also tie-down provision.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 2 Jan 2004 08:54:51 -0800,
(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

[...]

Jim Stewart

Brian Lawson wrote:
[...]

Probably because the drive train was not designed
to carry 100% of the load up front 100% of the
time. Just a guess.

Grant Erwin

One issue with these is the load capacity is a little light - these
are 2 ton (4000#) trailers which weigh 1910# so max load is nominally 2090#
which means Bridgeports or 15x30" lathes are out .. - GWE

Richard Ferguson

The more that I have looked at the various proposals and systems,
especially for machinery that weighs 2000 pounds and up, the more I like
the idea of calling an auto towing company with a tow truck with a boom
to pick up the unit and load it on a trailer or into a truck. I have
seen it done, and it is relatively simple and safe. It also solves the
problem of getting good help, as the truck comes with a driver
accustomed to lifing heavy things. If the move is local, the tow truck
may be able to haul it on the hook directly to your shop. This assumes
that the machine has lifting eyes or is otherwise not hard to rig to be
lifted by a crane.

Richard

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:42:08 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

One issue with these is the load capacity is a little light - these
are 2 ton (4000#) trailers which weigh 1910# so max load is nominally 2090#
which means Bridgeports or 15x30" lathes are out .. - GWE

That single axle job seems to be a bit over-rated for load capacity
unless it has extremely heavy duty tyres.

I have just twigged that 4000 lb is gross, so the load capacity is
MUCH less.

My s/axle (box) trailer has tyres rated at 690kg (about 1400 lb)
each, a theoretical load capacity of about 1 tonne + tare weight, yet
it is licenced to legally carry 450kg, with a tare of ~250kg, so there
is nearly a 100% tyre load safety margin.

I regularly used to carry my Mitsi ST1510D tractor which weighs
about 450kg, until I was rear-ended on 20th December, just the empty
trailer, which is now severely bent. Bloody insurance company does
not want to repair/replace it, unfortunately 3 of the 4 vehicles
involved are with the same company, mine, including the one who caused
it.
I have to move a Maxicut mill weighing about 1400 kg to my son's
house and I would not put it on that s/a trailer, have to hire a
rigger & truck for a couple of hours as it only has to be moved 5 km
from the seller.
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address
hamrdog

the rental place by me has several of them. i've rented them to haul
all kinds of stuff. in fact, i unloaded a 3600 lb. B&S mill all by
myself with a come-along and some pipe. very easy and nothing went
rolling into walls (or over me). for the $50-$70 they rent for, it is
the cheapest way to go.

andy b.

On 2 Jan 2004 08:54:51 -0800,
(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

[...]

Too_Many_Tools

Hi,

Boy I am impressed...we have a sharp bunch of folks here!

I think you touched on every open question that I had.

The reason why I posted this thread is because I have been looking for
a better machinery transportation solution. As we all know, the real
sticky point about buying machines off Ebay is shipping costs. Since I
have decided that Ebay is the most likely route in the future for me
to upgrade machines (either that or attending auctions hundreds of
miles away), I have decided that I need to put together a better
system than I have now.

The criteria that I chose was:

- Keep the costs in line.

The comments about the ownership of a truck reinforce what I also
found...just too expensive for the average HSMer for occasional use.
It means that a trailer that can be used for other than just machinery
is the route to go.

- If it is going to be a trailer, it needs to be pulled by something
that is commonly found in the driveways of Anywhere, USA.

If one assumes a 1/2 ton pickup (which I have), a 3/4 ton pickup
(which I may get) or a SUV, these towing vehicles all have an upper
towing limit that limits what size of trailer one pulls.

- "Decent" weight capacity

I have always used a "Bridgeport" as the "upper limit" for what the
trailer will need to haul (2200-2500lbs.). The Bridgeport or its
equivalent is usually the heaviest single machine that an average
HSMer will have to deal with. By the time you add the machine load and
the trailer weights together, you can quickly reach the limit of your
average tow vehicle.

- "Adequate" deck dimensions

Bigger is better. Today you haul a Bridgeport, tomorrow you haul that
extra long lathe you have always wanted.

- Accessibility to the trailer bed

Ease of loading machinery goes without saying. This is where we start
looking at what lifting options need to be used to move the machine
onto the trailer. If the trailer bed is an "extension" of the floor
the machine is already resting on, loading the machine is MUCH easier.
Anything from a winch to a pallet jack to rollers can be used to move
the machine HORIZONTALLY. As anyone who has moved machinery knows, it
is the VERTICAL adjustments that are the real problem.

- Lifting needs

I have decided that the need to lift a machine up, out, sideways or
any combination of all these need to be viewed as a separate problem.
Considering some of the locations that I have had to move machinery
out of, I really don't think adding complexity to the trailer for
lifting the machine from who knows where buys one much. My solution is
to do the rigging separately with common and CHEAP items like jacks,
blocks, rollers, dollies, a portable walkie stacker, a portable gantry
crane and sheets of steel plate for soft ground.

(A bit of "free" advice. I have read hundreds of postings over the
years of "How do I get my big heavy machine into an impossible
location?" Never once have I ever seen anyone ask the question "How
the *$^%* will you ever get your big, heavy machine out once you get
it in there?". I assure you that is it much easier to get a machine
into a bad location than out of it. Never forget that the difficulty
of removing your machine DOES greatly affect its future resale value
and desirability. I have turned down many offers over the years of
free machines from impossible locations from families whose loved one
has passed on. The effort and danger to remove the machine from its
impossible location was just not worth it even if the machine was
free.)

Back to the trailer...the reason why I mentioned the Bil-Jax drop deck
trailer in particular (other companies make similar products) is that
I have seen a number of these show up on the used market for
$2000-3500 (about half of new pricing). The comments about the lower
weight limit, smaller deck and nonaccessiable side loading are issues
that I too consider to be negative. From what I have seen, one could
load the trailer with the deck partially lowered since it is supported
by the hydraulic cylinder (I would block the deck since I do not trust
any one system). The weight limitations of the trailers is a real
concern since I like to have safety factors of at least 2x in place
when I am moving machinery. Bil-Jax does make trailers in the 12,000
lb. range but they are not something that will be towed by your
average 1/2 ton pickup.

Thanks for your contributions and I welcome any other comments you
might have.

I (and I am sure others too) would love to see some of the
lifting/hauling solutions you might have come up with.

TMT
Too_Many_Tools

Hi,

I agree with using the tow truck approach (crane or tilt bed) but when
the machine is hundred of miles away from home (which is usually the
case with an Ebay purchase or an auction) this solution doesn't work.

TMT

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

JD Brown

Greetings:

The ideal machinery moving trailer would have enough capacity to haul
the intended machine, AND a forklift with enough capacity to load the
intended machine. Barring that, a boom truck.

Regards, Jim Brown

(Too_Many_Tools) wrote in message . com...
[...]

ATP

Tony wrote:
The Bil_Jax is a fine trailer. However they are expensive units,
especially when you get into the heavy GVW. For instance a 7000#
Biljax costs around $8000.00. JLG also makes a similar line but
anything from JLG is extremely expensive. That didn't suit me because
I wanted to be able to trailer my forklift for rigging purposes, and
that weighs 8000# just by itself.

I settled on a tilt-bed trailer from Centerville. It has 11,998# gross
weight, it very low to the ground, and I had an optional 6000# winch
mounted on the front to winch heavy items on the bed. My trailer with
the winch and oak deck cost $4600.00

Of course you then need to get grade 7 tie down chains, chain binders,
hitch, brake controller, so plan on spending a bit more.

Here's a pic of my rig attached.

Tony

Nice trailer. In NY, you need a special class license once you start pulling
anything over 10,000 pounds, unless it's an RV. My ideal trailer, short of
the drop deck under discussion, would be a 5 ton tilt trailer with no rails
on the side that I can haul my Bobcat with as well as machines. I currently
have a single axle landscape trailer thats a bit on the light side, but
worked pretty well for moving a #12 Van Norman a short ways recently. We
removed the ramp at the factory where it was loaded, so the forklift could
get the machine in the middle of the trailer. At home I also removed the
ramp, put the rear end right on the floor and hitched a come-along to the
mill. I edged it off the trailer with bars and rods, a little at a time,
using a thick steel plate to ease the transition off the back.

jim rozen

In article , JD Brown says...

The ideal machinery moving trailer would have enough capacity to haul
the intended machine, AND a forklift with enough capacity to load the
intended machine. Barring that, a boom truck.

Kinda like the delivery trucks I see around home depot.
They have a fork truck that's tacked on the end of a
flat-bed truck, so they can show up at a site, dismount
the fork truck, and unload the big truck.

Jim

please reply to:

Paul K. Dickman

jim rozen wrote in message ...
Kinda like the delivery trucks I see around home depot.
They have a fork truck that's tacked on the end of a
flat-bed truck, so they can show up at a site, dismount
the fork truck, and unload the big truck.

Jim

Ya! Around here they use a wacky little 3 wheel forktruck that stows itself
on the back of the truck when it's done.

Paul K. Dickman

Richard Ferguson

The concept still works, the tow truck can be used to load your own
truck or trailer at the far away site where you are buying your heavy
equipment. Tow truck companies can be found anywhere, and you don't
need to give them much notice when you want their services. You use
your own truck, your own trailer, or a rental trailer to get the
equipment home. When you get home, you can hire another tow truck, or
perhaps you have better material handling equipment in your shop, or
perhaps you have a friend with a crane or a forklift.

Richard

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

Grant Erwin

Around the Puget Sound area, it is also a bonus to keep your overall
length of vehicle plus trailer as SHORT as possible because you pay huge
dough to the Washington State Ferry system for long rigs. That's why my
ideal system will be 30' long period. And not overheight, either.

Grant

SRF

I like the ideas here about the low tilt trailers.

Just out of curiousity, have any of you ever gotten one the these stuck due
to lack of ground clearance.

Thanks.
Steve.

[...]

6e70

I have a Liberty Model 6.7x20x14 KSPLT. 14,000# capacity. It is low
to begin with, and tilts 3/4 of the way forward (no ramps). When it
is tilted down you can rollerskate onto the trailer. I also have a
3,000# capacity Yale pneumatic forklift with a low mast. It goes into
standard garages, across gravel, etc. I can put a large machine, or
several smaller ones on the forward 5' of the trailer either from the
side, or by driving up the tilted part, then pick up a Bridgeport and
drive back on, tilt forward, chain-off and drive away. It is faster
and better than a rollback in most applications. I pull it with a
Chevy 2500HD which is rated for the gross weight. I've hauled
machines with every rig there is, and this is the best combination for
machines under 3,000#. Any larger forklift and you loose too much
payload. Any less and you can't pick up a Bridgeport.
Paul

Too_Many_Tools

I presently have a 6x10 flatbed tilt trailer that was built for
hauling small bobcats. In addition, I have a 5x10 utility trailer (3
foot walls) with a removable drop endgate. Both of these are rated for
3500# so they fit well in my "must be pulled by common tow vehicle"
critera. Each of these trailers excel in certain conditions. If you
have access to a forklift, you want clear side access to the trailer
bed. If you have to load via the endgate using pallet jack or rollers,
the side access becomes a nonissue while the flexibility of the
endgate becomes an issue (ex. bridging a doorway or a step). On both I
have tie points on all four sides so one can move the load for best
location. I will say that having a removable endgate is a godsend at
times as well as being able to tilt the bed of the trailer. Keeping
the trailers a managable size allows one to manuver the trailer into
very tight spaces. More than once I have had to unhook a trailer and
move it into position by hand to access the latest acquistion.

I have also found that the type of floor in the trailer can make a big
difference with the ease of dealing with certain loads. My tilt
trailer has a steel plate floor while the utility trailer is treated
plank. Any thoughts on trailer decks folks?

For a general lifting option to complement the smaller HSM trailer, I
think a gantry crane that spans the trailer but still can be quickly
setup and broken down in the field is likely to be an idea approach.
The crane can be set up over the machine in question and after the
machine in lifted, the trailer can be moved under the machine. A 1 ton
gantry crane is managable by one person with some planning.
Collapsible engine cranes also do work but again I try to use them
only to lift and move the trailer under the machine. Most accidents in
machine loading I have witnessed have occurred when the load was
moving horizontally. The less you have to move the load in the air,
the better.

While larger trailers do allow one to haul heavier and larger loads
and make fewer trips (and are the obvious choice for professionals), I
consider the smaller trailers to be a far better fit for the average
HSMer trying to retrieve his latest purchase.

TMT

"ATP" wrote in message . net...
Tony wrote:
[...]

Tony

My Centerville trailer came with two skid type feet at the rear of the
trailer that would act as a stop when the bed was tilted. I found the feet
would scrape when pulling out of a gas station for instance and the trailer
had to clear the side walk. What I did was to burn off the feet and
fabricate rollers, one on each side (left/right) of the trailer similar to
what is on a dumpster. I used 2" pipe about 12" long, with a 3/4" axle
shafts, supported by 3" heavy channel on each end. This way if the trailer
has to clear any high spots in the road, the rollers will roll over it.

With real low trailers curb cuts can be a problem, or crossing a high road
crown at an intersection can cause scraping if your load or hitch is not
level. Also trying to backup the trailer over deep snow can be very tough.
You have to shovel first!

Tony
"SRF" wrote in message
r.com...

[...]

GJRepesh

The last couple times I've moved machines I rented a U-haul trailer. Duel axle
and a sort of corrugated type floor. I like the floor because I can move the
machines by myself with this type floor. I can get a pry bar under the edge of
the machine due to the corrugation and the floor is smooth so the machine
slides fairly easy. The side rails make it easy to chain the machine. I would
like these trailers to have sway bars on the axles. They can be a little
squirrely on the highway.

Gary Repesh

Anon Ymous

One of the Lincoln Arc Welded Projects Books, I think maybe vol #2, has some
implement trailer with tilt-away and slider axle sets. might be useful for
moving equipment.

Have a Good One,
tHAT

Roy J

Move your load forward to cut down on the squirelly moves. Tongue
weight, 15% is even better. For a 3000 pound trailer and load
that is 300 to 450 pounds.

GJRepesh wrote:

The last couple times I've moved machines I rented a U-haul trailer. Duel axle
and a sort of corrugated type floor. I like the floor because I can move the
machines by myself with this type floor. I can get a pry bar under the edge of
the machine due to the corrugation and the floor is smooth so the machine
slides fairly easy. The side rails make it easy to chain the machine. I would
like these trailers to have sway bars on the axles. They can be a little
squirrely on the highway.

Gary Repesh

Ecnerwal

My local rigger's truck has a wooddeck, a winch, and a hydrualic crane.
They replace the wood deck every now and then.

Ron Leap

I got my idea for the perfect machinery moving trailer from the
machinery dealer that delivered my bridgeport clone milling machine.
He backed a trailer into my driveway, lowered the trailer bed down to
the ground and rolled the mill, which was on a caster frame, out of
the trailer into my garage. He did this by himself using only a
crowbar.

The trailer he used was a tandem axle Jacobsen Selma Hydraulic
Trailer. These are commonly known as kneeling trailers. Jacobsen's
website is: http://www.jacobsentrailers.com/trailerline.htm.

The advantage to these trailers is that the bed remains much more
parallel to the ground than a tilt-bed trailer. In fact, if you
unhitch the trailer and lower the bed and the tongue jack
concurrently, you can lower the bed perfectly parallel with the
ground. These trailers come in both single and tandem axle models.
The tandem model has a 8000 lb GVW and a 6' x 12' bed that will handle
almost anything with which a recreational machinist would be involved.

After seeing this trailer I looked for years to find a used one.
These trailers seldom are found used. I think this is because of the
high initial price compared to a common utility or tilt-bed trailer,
and the fact they are so versatile that their owners are reluctant to
part with them. I finally found a very old tandem axle one advertised
in the local paper. It was in rough but working condition. I have
had it for several years and still have friends asking to borrow it
all the time.

If one is looking for a trailer that can move machinery and be used
for other things and is not interested in equiping hisself as a
machinery mover, I don't think there is a finer piece of equipment.

CROQ

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
om...
As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

While I have moved a number of machines over the years, one common
problem is having the means to load and unload the trailer.

How about a semi adjustable steel skid with a provision for a 3500# axle
and highway speed tires? Put the axle where you need it for proper
weight distribution depending on machine, make the skid a little longer
than the machine to allow additional chain points. Easy to store when
not needed, comes apart to fit in tow vehicle, minimal cost $300? axle,
wheels, tires, hitch, 20' to 40' of heavy steel angle or tubing.

trailer battery connection Brian Metalworking 5 September 8th 03 02:58 AM
Small trailer plans John Rumm UK diy 8 August 16th 03 05:39 PM
Moving a Lathe Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 6 July 31st 03 07:17 AM
OT - Unbraked trailer safety requirements *Secondary Couplings* Richard Savage UK diy 0 July 19th 03 03:12 PM
OT - Unbraked trailer safety requirements Danny Monaghan UK diy 0 July 18th 03 02:16 PM