dhost

Default The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

The following site has pictures and video clips of trailers that load
forklifts, cars, tractors, etc., all from the ground, without the use
of ramps or hydraulics. The video clips are at the bottom of the page
are very cool.

http://www.gr8place.com/easy_load_trailers/

The Forklift Trailers come in Junior (8,000lbs) and Senior (14,000lbs)
sizes and use all metal construction w/ a diamond plate floor.

The site also has a section that states "for all your 'impossible'
hauling problems email "Melvin Says". Melvin is a "problem solvers -
problem solver" with several patents on trailers. He might be a good
resource in addressing "the IDEAL machinery moving trailer".

Dave

Too_Many_Tools Wrote:

As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

While I have moved a number of machines over the years, one common
problem is having the means to load and unload the trailer. Rarely
have I had access to a forklift at the location where my latest find
has been. While there are ways to load and unload any trailer, the
common problem has always been doing it with minimal equipment in
awkward locations with less than adequate number of helpers. After
searching for awhile for a trailer that is made to haul machinery, I
would say that the following link shows the best combination of
features for a machine carrying trailer. I would like to hear your
comments and suggestions as to what you would add to this trailer.
While added capacity is always welcomed, there is an upper limit to
what a 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup will tow. I would also be interested in
your opinion on the Bil-Jax trailer product line.

TIA

TMT

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...03%2D01%2D0003

http://www.biljax.com/products.asp?c...D01%2D0007++++

links to pix of machinery moving skates I made Grant Erwin Metalworking 0 January 26th 04 03:38 AM
The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer? Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 56 January 12th 04 06:01 PM
Ideal Response 100 Combi problem Pete Dowling UK diy 0 October 29th 03 09:15 AM
Small trailer plans John Rumm UK diy 8 August 16th 03 04:39 PM
OT - Unbraked trailer safety requirements *Secondary Couplings* Richard Savage UK diy 0 July 19th 03 02:12 PM