Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vacuum question

I need a vacuum that I can put into a pipe, and have it suck out the
contents like a vacuum. Not a sump pump that is lowered, or a pump that
needs to be primed, or even a self priming pump. I need to occasionally
pump a four inch vertical pipe where fluids accumulate below grade, and run
it out 200' downhill through a 3/4" hose. Doing that will create some
suction and head pressure on its own. Almost all pumps are larger than 4",
and those that have a garden hose intake are flimsy and the impeller won't
take much solids and sand, which may compose some of the content.

Ideas?

I thought of getting a dedicated wet vac, and putting a through the hull
fitting on it that would drain the water out of the tank, putting a 90 ball
valve on there, and opening it when the tank got close to full.

Ideas?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
[...]

There are very simple "pumps" powered by water pressure that would probably do
what you want. With the suction from the long downward outlet tube, it would
probably only need to run for a bit to start the suction. For that matter, a
check valve with a 'T' above it going to the outlet hose could be used. Turn on
water into the 'T' to start the outlet hose siphon, then turn it off. The siphon
will open the check valve to siphon out the water until it gets low enough to
draw air and break the siphon. This would have the advantage of relative
immunity to damage by crud in the water. The check valve and 'T' would be placed
near the bottom of the pipe.

There are also wet/dry vacs with a pump built in to empty liquids even with the
vacuum on, or shop vacs with a hose connection on the tank already.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I need a vacuum that I can put into a pipe, and have it suck out the
contents like a vacuum. Not a sump pump that is lowered, or a pump
that needs to be primed, or even a self priming pump. I need to
occasionally pump a four inch vertical pipe where fluids accumulate
below grade, and run it out 200' downhill through a 3/4" hose. Doing
that will create some suction and head pressure on its own. Almost
all pumps are larger than 4", and those that have a garden hose
intake are flimsy and the impeller won't take much solids and sand,
which may compose some of the content.
Ideas?

I thought of getting a dedicated wet vac, and putting a through the
hull fitting on it that would drain the water out of the tank,
putting a 90 ball valve on there, and opening it when the tank got
close to full.

Get a fire hose. I see 'em on Ebay from time to time. A 2" canvas hose won't
cost much.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
[...]

How about this:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/mightymightpump.html
--
LSMFT

Drive slower than the posted speed.............................
And you too can become a fracking prick..............
Posted to alt.home.repair

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
[...]

I think I could make the nineties in that so I could stick it down the
vertical pipe. It might work.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 15, 1:13*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

Why do you need to pump out this pipe?

Can you use a cap with a hose fitting and let it fill to capacity and
then drain out on it's own?

You'd need to "permanently" install the 200' of hose (or PVC pipe) but
you'd be one and done instead of "occasionally" having to set up your
pump system for short term use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
[...]

Or you might be able to run a tube from the center hole down the pipe.

--
LSMFT

Drive slower than the posted speed.............................
And you too can become a fracking prick..............
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
"LSMFT" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
[...]

That's the one I was talking about. The problem might be the size of the water
inlet hole might be small enough to plug up with the "solods" in the pipe.

How deep is this pipe you need to pump out? A vacuum can only lift water about
30 feet at the absulute maximum, which would limit the check valve/siphon system
I talked about before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:57:24 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Mar 15, 1:13*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

I feel if I jerk your chain and let you feel that you are of some value it
will make you like me more and more. Keep looking for future stupid posts
that you will be able to chime in on in the future. DUH!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 15, 1:13*am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

that you will be able to chime in on in the future. DUH!- Hide quoted text -

I'm glad I could be of some assitance.

We'll chat again real soon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What are you trying to do? Sounds like you've got a borehole
that needs to have the water pumped down hill some how. I've
got a maybe idea, but it would take some trying to explain.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 15, 1:13 am, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

REPLY: I DID NOT POST THE ABOVE. This is Steve B. The real one. The one
who has been posting here for years. I just munged my ID to get past your
killfile, which you may have put me in. I apparently have a stalker. If
you know how to analyze the properties of my message, you can figure out
that the paths from my history of posts is not anything like the person who
posted the stuff above.

You have always contributed good stuff, DD, and we have spoken a lot in the
past here. Please analyze the paths if you know how. In the meantime, I
shall munge my ID as soon as this clown imitates me, and still sign my posts
The Real Steve B, so as to get some posts in until my shadow tires and goes
away.

The real Steve B