Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_4_] Steve B[_4_] is offline

Default Vacuum question

I need a vacuum that I can put into a pipe, and have it suck out the
contents like a vacuum. Not a sump pump that is lowered, or a pump that
needs to be primed, or even a self priming pump. I need to occasionally
pump a four inch vertical pipe where fluids accumulate below grade, and run
it out 200' downhill through a 3/4" hose. Doing that will create some
suction and head pressure on its own. Almost all pumps are larger than 4",
and those that have a garden hose intake are flimsy and the impeller won't
take much solids and sand, which may compose some of the content.

Ideas?

I thought of getting a dedicated wet vac, and putting a through the hull
fitting on it that would drain the water out of the tank, putting a 90 ball
valve on there, and opening it when the tank got close to full.

Ideas?

Steve