Posted to alt.home.repair
Roscoe Roscoe is offline

Default Vacuum question

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 2:18 pm, "Steve B." wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:57:24 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Mar 15, 1:13 am, "Steve B" wrote:
I need a vacuum that I can put into a pipe, and have it suck out the
contents like a vacuum. Not a sump pump that is lowered, or a pump that
needs to be primed, or even a self priming pump. I need to occasionally
pump a four inch vertical pipe where fluids accumulate below grade, and
run
it out 200' downhill through a 3/4" hose. Doing that will create some
suction and head pressure on its own. Almost all pumps are larger than
4",
and those that have a garden hose intake are flimsy and the impeller
won't
take much solids and sand, which may compose some of the content.

Ideas?

I thought of getting a dedicated wet vac, and putting a through the
hull
fitting on it that would drain the water out of the tank, putting a 90
ball
valve on there, and opening it when the tank got close to full.

Ideas?

Steve

Why do you need to pump out this pipe?

Can you use a cap with a hose fitting and let it fill to capacity and
then drain out on it's own?

You'd need to "permanently" install the 200' of hose (or PVC pipe) but
you'd be one and done instead of "occasionally" having to set up your
pump system for short term use.

I feel if I jerk your chain and let you feel that you are of some value it
will make you like me more and more. Keep looking for future stupid posts
that you will be able to chime in on in the future. DUH!- Hide quoted
text -

I'm glad I could be of some assitance.

We'll chat again real soon.

REPLY: I DID NOT POST THE ABOVE. This is Steve B. The real one. The one
who has been posting here for years. I just munged my ID to get past your
killfile, which you may have put me in. I apparently have a stalker. If
you know how to analyze the properties of my message, you can figure out
that the paths from my history of posts is not anything like the person who
posted the stuff above.

You have always contributed good stuff, DD, and we have spoken a lot in the
past here. Please analyze the paths if you know how. In the meantime, I
shall munge my ID as soon as this clown imitates me, and still sign my posts
The Real Steve B, so as to get some posts in until my shadow tires and goes
away.

The real Steve B