Posted to alt.home.repair
Me Me is offline

Default What to call a large shower with a tub inside?

We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Me wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different
layouts for a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a
tiled shower with glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a
bathtub inside at the end.
We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are
the usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding
some examples?

a step-down tub mounted in the floor used to be called a roman tub, but the
usage has changed in recent times.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Me wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

You've got way too much free time on your hands...not to mention way too
much money you don't know what to do with...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 15, 3:10*pm, "Me" wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

I have seen this while in Norway but dont have a clue to what you
would call it either.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Me" wrote in message
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts
for a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower
with glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the
end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

Use the search term "shower +room +tub" without the quotes.

I have not seen exactly what you want but locally, I have seen a couple of
residential multi-head shower rooms large enough for 6.

These were just walk in rooms no doors or curtains. I can't imagine
cleaning the darn thing. A tub over in the corner would not have been out
of place.

--
Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Me wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different
layouts for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower
with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

What would be the purpose or advantage of this setup? So the kids can
shower while you're in the tub? Or you can shower while the kids are in
the tub?

Sounds nice to me, even though I live alone. I'd add a hose bib on one
wall, and make sure the floor drain was big enough so I could just scrub
the whole room with a hose and a mop. Great for bathing kids, cuz they
splash everywhere. And even after a soaking bath, nice to be able to
rinse off the soap scum without waiting for tub to drain.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote the following:
Me wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different
layouts for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower
with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the
end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

What would be the purpose or advantage of this setup? So the kids can
shower while you're in the tub? Or you can shower while the kids are
in the tub?

Group showers?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
Me Me is offline

[...]

Thanks. That's pretty much why we'd like to have something like this... It
also give you more shower room instead of having the usual tiny shower
stall.

It sounds expensive, but it's a lot cheaper than trying to retrofit one into
an existing bathroom later.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Me Me is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Me wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different
layouts for a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a
tiled shower with glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a
bathtub inside at the end.
We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are
the usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration?

Ostentatious?

Really?

Many homes have a shower stall and seperate bathtub. I just want to knock
out the wall between and glass it in. It's not THAT much of an upgrade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 15, 3:10*pm, "Me" wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

1 - Remove the table in the corner and install a shower head and tiled
floor in that area.

2 - Sink a Hot Tub into the floor where the rug is.

Now that would be a sweet set up!

http://www.skichalets.co.uk/getimage...ype=lmainimage
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 21, 12:50*am, "Me" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Me wrote:
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different
layouts for a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a
tiled shower with glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a
bathtub inside at the end.
We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are
the usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration?

Ostentatious?

Really?

Many homes have a shower stall and seperate bathtub. I just want to knock
out the wall between and glass it in. It's not THAT much of an upgrade.

Not ostentatious at all. After all, travel trailer showers use this
concept. The idea of a large wet area centrally drained is used all
the time to save money and space. I've seen the application used in
low-end bath designs as well as high-end bath designs. The most
important thing to address is waterproofing. I suggest finding a
qualified designer that can detail (design) the proper layout (tub,
shower, etc), waterproofing & materials. I wouldn't expect to find
many how-to's for this on google. You can follow this link to see an
example. It's a bed/breakfast photo or advertisement, not a how-to.
Good luck.

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/photo...ismet_inn.html