Posted to alt.home.repair
Me Me is offline

Default What to call a large shower with a tub inside?

We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts
for
a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower
with
glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a bathtub inside at the
end.

We've tried googling for some examples, but all we keep finding are the
usual bathtub/shower combinations found in most homes.

Is there a name for that configuration? Any suggestions on finding some
examples?

What would be the purpose or advantage of this setup? So the kids can
shower while you're in the tub? Or you can shower while the kids are in
the tub?

Sounds nice to me, even though I live alone. I'd add a hose bib on one
wall, and make sure the floor drain was big enough so I could just scrub
the whole room with a hose and a mop. Great for bathing kids, cuz they
splash everywhere. And even after a soaking bath, nice to be able to rinse
off the soap scum without waiting for tub to drain.

Thanks. That's pretty much why we'd like to have something like this... It
also give you more shower room instead of having the usual tiny shower
stall.

It sounds expensive, but it's a lot cheaper than trying to retrofit one into
an existing bathroom later.