Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Power Shower-Do I Call A Plumber Or Electrician

Hello all
Just bought a new power shower but do I call a plumber or an
Electrician to fit it for me?

Thanks A Lot
MW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 20:06:24 +0000, ioan davies wrote:

Hello all
Just bought a new power shower but do I call a plumber or an
Electrician to fit it for me?

You call someone who can do both. As a plumbing & heating engineer I've
had to go the whole hog of getting the qualifications and joining a
"competent person" scheme so that I can legally connect a thermostat to a
boiler" without involving the council building control dept.
However replacing an electric shower isn't notifiable!

Bottom line I expect you'll find more plumbers who can competently and
legally do electrics than sparks who have the tools and materials to do
plumbing.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

The astronomer married a star
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ioan davies wrote:
Just bought a new power shower but do I call a plumber or an
Electrician to fit it for me?

Is it a replacement or new installation?

If a simple replacement probably either. If a new installation probably
both.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, avoid skydiving.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , News
wrote:

In article ,
ioan davies wrote:
Just bought a new power shower but do I call a plumber or an
Electrician to fit it for me?

Is it a replacement or new installation?

If a simple replacement probably either. If a new installation probably
both.

Hello All
It's a new shower to replace my old one.

Thanks for all the replies.Think I'll get the plumber in,as it won't
take him to long.

Thanks A Lot
MW