Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Anybody in the Northest? Digging?

Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as
of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as
of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Something is screwy, it's colder down here in TN then up in eastern PA.
Down to 11F last night and forecast for tonight is the same. The
drive home sucked with wind gusts blowing the van all over the road for
about 300 of the 600 miles home. Damn wind gusts changed direction too.
I never had the wind to my back.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as
of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Something is screwy, it's colder down here in TN then up in eastern PA.
Down to 11F last night and forecast for tonight is the same. The drive
home sucked with wind gusts blowing the van all over the road for about
300 of the 600 miles home. Damn wind gusts changed direction too. I never
had the wind to my back.

Global Warming??????????????

Posted to alt.home.repair

Talked to my Dad on the phone, suburb of Rochester. He says
tha the drifts went from enarly zero to up about six inches.

When I left for church, the door step across the street, I
could see about 3 inches snow. I had about an inch on the
top of the truck.

On the way home, I was going about 30 MPH in a 65 MPH zone.
I must have touched the gas a bit, instantly the truck was
fish tailing severely. Went off the road. Lucky me, no
aparent damage, and I was able to back onto the highway.
Facing the wrong way, naturally. Got turned around, and went
home much more slowly than before. I'm still a bundle of
nerves.

The roads are bad.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and
that was only as
of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote in
:

Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only
as of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Up to 33" now. Geesh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as
of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Spent most of the day digging out here in Maine...About 15 inches over 2
days...Just a "dusting" to us....LOL...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nearly three feet! Hope you have some food at home, and a
snow mobile.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

Up to 33" now. Geesh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"benick" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was
only as of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Spent most of the day digging out here in Maine...About 15 inches over
2 days...Just a "dusting" to us....LOL...

I think what you saw is the avg. From what I hear, few miles west across
Lake Champlain as well as like 15 mi east saw what you saw. Burlington, in
the middle, had 33 as of this afternoon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
"benick" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was
only as of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Spent most of the day digging out here in Maine...About 15 inches over
2 days...Just a "dusting" to us....LOL...

I think what you saw is the avg. From what I hear, few miles west across
Lake Champlain as well as like 15 mi east saw what you saw. Burlington, in
the middle, had 33 as of this afternoon.

We only got a few inches today (upstate NY) but there was no point in
shoveling as it was blowing all over. Every time you looked out the window
there was a new drift pattern. The back deck is completely clear while
there's about 2 feet jammed up against the front door and huge drifts on the
walkway. I'll try again tomorrow!

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Colbyt wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
Talking to my Main Squeeze in northern VT. Over 2 ft and that was only as
of midnight last night.

What? No $*&@* snowblower posts :-)

Something is screwy, it's colder down here in TN then up in eastern PA.
Down to 11F last night and forecast for tonight is the same. The drive
home sucked with wind gusts blowing the van all over the road for about
300 of the 600 miles home. Damn wind gusts changed direction too. I never
had the wind to my back.

Global Warming??????????????

Combination of El Nino, and the Arctic Oscillation and North Atlantic
Oscillation status being low, along with a northern track storm and
southern track storm combining around Maine - now a major large persistent
storm centered around or just east of Nova Scotia, only a little far west
or west-southwest from where the "Icelandic Low" would be when the North
Atlantic Oscillation status is "low".

The 5 major indices of global temperature are not hard to find. The one
least-showing-warming is known as "UAH". It is the University of Alabama
Huntsville determination of lower troposphere temperature trends from
MSU/AMSU satellite data, current version is "5.2". The following link is
to a graph of this record since it started with January 1979, as presented
in the personal website of Dr. Roy Spencer, one of the 2 PhD professors in
charge of this - and Spencer is notably a skeptic of anthropogenic global
warming:

http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

As of end of 2008, that global temperature trend index achieved a full
30 years with warming trend over that stretch of about .23 degree F per
decade - significant should it be sustained or worse-still increase over
this century. (Although the next 20 years will likely have close to no
warming due to a natural cycle being in a downturn.)

- Don Klipstein )

There was I, digging this 'ole... Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 59 June 28th 08 07:07 PM
digging a shallow well andyv UK diy 20 June 13th 06 06:09 PM
digging spike - where can I get one Joan Riley UK diy 21 March 13th 06 09:23 AM
'Digging in the dirt...' a Home Repair 11 July 26th 05 02:10 AM
Digging a pit Mike Mitchell UK diy 129 August 18th 04 11:51 PM