Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine Water Feed Sensors

Somewhere I saw a device that you can add to the water hoses on your washing
machine such that if a hose breaks, the water shuts off. Does anyone know where
to find such an animal?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote in message
news
Somewhere I saw a device that you can add to the water hoses on your
washing
machine such that if a hose breaks, the water shuts off. Does anyone know
where
to find such an animal?

They are made bay Watts and are called Floodsafe.

See link
http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.asp

Roanin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 30, 3:51*pm, "ROANIN" wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

news
Somewhere I saw a device that you can add to the water hoses on your
washing
machine such that if a hose breaks, the water shuts off. Does anyone know
where
to find such an animal?

They are made bay Watts and are called Floodsafe.

See linkhttp://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/whatsnew_floodsafe.asp

Roanin

The only downside to these are slightly longer fill times and the
potential for "false" activations but considering the "insurance" they
provide probably worth it.

I've had two neighbors in the last year have their houses flooded by
broken under sink supply lines....makes me nervous even though all
mine are only ~3 years old.

I'm seriously considering switching over to them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 12:56*am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Dec 30, 3:51*pm, "ROANIN" wrote:

"mcp6453" wrote in message

news

Somewhere I saw a device that you can add to the water hoses on your
washing
machine such that if a hose breaks, the water shuts off. Does anyone know
where
to find such an animal?

They are made bay Watts and are called Floodsafe.

See linkhttp://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/whatsnew_floodsafe.asp

Roanin

The only downside to these are slightly longer fill times and the
potential for "false" activations but considering the "insurance" they
provide probably worth it.

I've had two neighbors in the last year have their houses flooded by
broken under sink supply lines....makes me nervous even though all
mine are only ~3 years old.

I'm seriously considering switching over to them.

There are also electrically controlled valve settups which only turn
on the water when they detect current flow indicating that the washing
machine is running.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:56 am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Dec 30, 3:51 pm, "ROANIN" wrote:

"mcp6453" wrote in message
news Somewhere I saw a device that you can add to the water hoses on your
[...]

I've always just turned off the valves when I'm not using the washer.
Keeps the valves free and the only possible way I could flood the
basement (well, from the washing machine anyway) is if the hoses break
or the machine overfills while it's actually in use.

I've seen dual ball valve setups with a single handle for use with
washing machines. If I ever get around to repiping my basement I'll
probably use one, it's quicker to throw one handle than to spin two stop
valves.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.