Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dewalt Corded Reciprocating saw Model: DW304PK

Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have
used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may only
get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat feature.
In the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for flush
cutting & increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and it looks
just like it says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw that has this
feature and makes flush cutting much much easier. Does anyone have one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4PK&lpage=none

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or
week, or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:00:51 -0500, Tony
wrote:

Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have
used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may only
get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat feature.
In the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for flush
cutting & increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and it looks
just like it says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw that has this
feature and makes flush cutting much much easier. Does anyone have one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4PK&lpage=none

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or
week, or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?

I don't do that much, but I got a Harbor Freight version. I don't
understand what the neat feature is but I doubt HF has it.

When I've used it, it's been great. My biggest example, I had a 6' x
12 foot deck that I converted to a 2' x 12' deck. I guess there about
11 2x6's and it it went pretty much right through them. I bought
DeWalt blades iirc.

If it hadn't been for this, I would have had to use a circular saw,
which would have been hard to use cutting up and down and the floor
boards would have been in the way at one end. Or I was thinking of a
little electric chain saw. That would have done it I'm sure, (maybe
with a couple extra stops for it to cool of, but probably not needed)
but made a lot rougher cut, not as smooth, more sawdust. Of course
it's all covered by a 2x8 board, but I like knowing it's fairly
straight and smooth underneath.

(The outer 4'4" of the 6 feet had rotted, but the part under the
overhang 8 feet up was still in very good condition after 30 years.
So now it's a work bench or something, and I have more yard.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought this saw recently to use on removing an angle iron fence post from
an 80 year old willow oak tree and to help remove two 2 1/2" round fence
posts also encapsulated by the tree. It had the power and did the job well.
I am glad I made the investment in a quality tool.

"Tony" wrote in message
Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have
used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may only
get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat feature. In
the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting &
increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and it looks just like it
says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw that has this feature and
makes flush cutting much much easier. Does anyone have one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4PK&lpage=none

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or week,
or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have
used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may only
get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat feature.
In the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for flush
cutting & increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and it looks
just like it says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw that has this
feature and makes flush cutting much much easier. Does anyone have one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4PK&lpage=none

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or
week, or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?

I don't do that much, but I got a Harbor Freight version. I don't
understand what the neat feature is but I doubt HF has it.

Simply put, it makes a flush cut against a floor, wall, whatever much
easier then flexing the blade. Less chance of breaking the blade, and
much less chance of gouging into something you didn't want to cut. It
sort of puts the blade along the edge of the saw instead of in the
middle of it.... sort of.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Al Gosztyla wrote:
I bought this saw recently to use on removing an angle iron fence post
from an 80 year old willow oak tree and to help remove two 2 1/2" round
fence posts also encapsulated by the tree. It had the power and did the
job well. I am glad I made the investment in a quality tool.

You just reminded me of another root going under the slab that I need to
cut off. I could use my new saw! A lot easier than sharpening the
chainsaw every time I hit a pebble!

"Tony" wrote in message
Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have
used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may
only get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat
feature. In the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for
flush cutting & increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and
it looks just like it says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw
that has this feature and makes flush cutting much much easier. Does
anyone have one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4PK&lpage=none

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or
week, or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

[...]

HF doesnt' do that, that's for sure. And actually, it would have
come in handy for cutting off the 2x6's in my deck. I had to tip the
saw when it was near the top which had the floorboards, and maybe
because I started at the top, I had to bend the blade some.

I occurs to me now there might have been ways around this, in my
situation but every one.