Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Dewalt Corded Reciprocating saw Model: DW304PK

mm wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:00:51 -0500, Tony
wrote:

Dewalt Model: DW304PK

I don't NEED this saw, but through the years I sure as hell could have
used a reciprocating saw to make a lot of tough jobs easy. It may only
get used every other month, or less. Anyway it has this neat feature.
In the description it says "4-position blade clamp allows for flush
cutting & increases versatility". I looked at it at Lowes and it looks
just like it says. The only reciprocating saw that I saw that has this
feature and makes flush cutting much much easier. Does anyone have one?

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...4PK&lpage=none

It's in the low price range, but again, I won't use it every day, or
week, or maybe not every month. Any opinions on it?

I don't do that much, but I got a Harbor Freight version. I don't
understand what the neat feature is but I doubt HF has it.

Simply put, it makes a flush cut against a floor, wall, whatever much
easier then flexing the blade. Less chance of breaking the blade, and
much less chance of gouging into something you didn't want to cut. It
sort of puts the blade along the edge of the saw instead of in the
middle of it.... sort of.