Default DeWalt DW304PK reciprocating saw

Has anyone tried this saw? I've been leaning towards the legendary
Milwaukee Super Sawzall (11 amp model) but saw this one at Amazon for
$100 ($75 less than the Milwaukee).

I know the DeWalt is not in the same league as the Milwaukee in terms
of power, orbital action (lack of), vibration-control, etc. BUT, what
made this Dewalt intriguing to me is the 4-position blade clamp that
allows you to make true flush cuts (here's a link to a flush-cutting
pic):

http://www.dewalt.com//ProductImages...DW304PK_A4.jpg

Any opinions of/experience with this tool?

Leon

wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone tried this saw? I've been leaning towards the legendary
Milwaukee Super Sawzall (11 amp model) but saw this one at Amazon for
$100 ($75 less than the Milwaukee).

I know the DeWalt is not in the same league as the Milwaukee in terms
of power, orbital action (lack of), vibration-control, etc. BUT, what
made this Dewalt intriguing to me is the 4-position blade clamp that
allows you to make true flush cuts (here's a link to a flush-cutting
pic):

This particular model with the 4 position blade mound DOES NOT have a
counter balance. You have to step up to the 309 to get the counter balance
model to reduce vibration. The 304 however is the only one with the 4
position blade clamp.

The True flush cuts appear to be only cutting up to an object. I would
think that to cut flush between a floor and the bottom of a wall that the
blade will still have to be bent some what.

These saws are basically used for demolition. I would prefer the counter
balance over the 4 position blade clamp.