Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One last clock

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Let's start a movement then. Join us in Saskatchewan, we don't change time
with the rest of you.

SASKATCHEWAN! Where Time Stands Still!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:23:30 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

Thanks for the reminder. Mine needed setting too.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

Thanks for the reminder. Mine needed setting too.

Mine loses the date whenever the batteries go flat. I seldom bother to
set it.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

My home has at least 24 clocks which need to be reset. The computer and
satellite receivers take care of it automatically.
My latest one was the water softener timer, reset just this morning. It
often gets forgotten after power outages until I'm in the shower while
it is regenerating. Horrible showering in unfiltered water!

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

Personally I think we should all switch to GMT and be done
with all this silly stuff. If you want more time in the evening
convince you boss to have you come in earlier.

___One time for all and all for one time. ___
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

Thanks for the reminder. Mine needed setting too.

Mine loses the date whenever the batteries go flat. I seldom bother to
set it.

My camera has a separate (small) battery for the clock. It's about 3
years old now, and could go too...

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:23:30 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks.
And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This
semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks
indoors. And then a couple days later (Today) find one more.
The clock in my digital camera.

I never mess with the one on the camera - I keep the date right, as
that's actually useful once in a while, but the exact time doesn't seem
to matter (if it ever did I suspect it'd be relative to other photos and
absolute time still wouldn't be important)

What I really want is a digital camera that says *where* I took a photo,
not *when* :-)

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:20:48 -0600, Jules
wrote:

What I really want is a digital camera that says *where* I took a photo,
not *when* :-)

If you have a GPS that can write to your computer- and a digi-cam with
exif info- then you're in business;
http://www.earlyinnovations.com/gpsphotolinker/
"GPSPhotoLinker adds GPS position and location data to your photos.
The latitude and longitude recorded by your GPS unit are linked and
saved to your photos. GPSPhotoLinker automatically enters the city,
state and country into the metadata."

[there are other softwares out there- I haven't looked into this in a
while as I still am gps-less.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What I really want is a digital camera that says *where* I took a photo,
not *when* :-)

If you have a GPS that can write to your computer- and a digi-cam with
exif info- then you're in business;

Yep, that had crossed my mind before, and I do want to get a nice GPS unit
sometime anyway, I suppose. I spent around $1000 on the camera when it was
new (several years ago now), and prices have dropped so much since that
I'm surprised there isn't built-in GPS on the high-end consumer-grade
cameras now (although I think there might be on some of the "professional"
models for even more money).

Maybe I'm in a minority in thinking it's one of those features that'd be
useful... :-)

http://www.earlyinnovations.com/gpsphotolinker/ "GPSPhotoLinker adds GPS
position and location data to your photos. The latitude and longitude
recorded by your GPS unit are linked and saved to your photos.
GPSPhotoLinker automatically enters the city, state and country into the
metadata."

Sure... I'm on Linux rather than OSX, but I think I've seen stuff in
the past that'll do the job there (and if not I'm sure I can throw
together a suitable script to do it!).

cheers

Jules

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I like to keep a record, since we travel a lot and it's not easy to
remember where you took each picture. I used to have my wife keep a
log, but that didn't work too well.

Now I just find a sign or something that identifies the place, and take
a quick picture of that. Since the pictures are in order, I know the
picture after the ID picture is whatever it says on the ID. Sometimes,
I just shoot a picture of a brochure or menu, anything that has the name
on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In the early Kodak years, the cameras took 100 frames. They
were provided with a log book. The calendar on my digicam is
very helpful. Occasionally, I can't remember what date I did
something or other. I've scrolled through my digicam
pictures, to find the date and time I did something.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Not@home"
wrote in message ...

I like to keep a record, since we travel a lot and it's not
easy to
remember where you took each picture. I used to have my
wife keep a
log, but that didn't work too well.

Now I just find a sign or something that identifies the
place, and take
a quick picture of that. Since the pictures are in order, I
know the
picture after the ID picture is whatever it says on the ID.
Sometimes,
I just shoot a picture of a brochure or menu, anything that
has the name
on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
In the early Kodak years, the cameras took 100 frames. They
were provided with a log book. The calendar on my digicam is
very helpful. Occasionally, I can't remember what date I did
something or other. I've scrolled through my digicam
pictures, to find the date and time I did something.

My digital camera embeds the time and date into the data
if the camera's clock is set to the correct date and time.
Depending on the software I'm using, the date and time will
be shown for each picture.

TDD