Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Advice on glue for Rubber to plastic

Hi all, I'm trying to get a rubber tire from a bicycle to stick to a
piece of plastic. In short My son has a toy that he rides called a
power wheels artic cat. The tires are made of hard plastic and wear
out quickly on the cement roads. What I was told to do was take a
12.5 inch bicycle tire and cut out the edges and then wrap it over the
plastic tire to protect it. Well I've done all that but when my son
drives it around for a few minutes the rubber tires slides off the
plastic one and comes off. So I used caulking to try and adhere both
the rubber to the plastic but that only worked for a few days before
it fell off again.

In short does anyone know of a product that can adhere a rubber tire
to a piece of plastic securely that won't come off? I've heard
contact cement might work but that it drys hard and that most likely
would crack. Any other ideas ?
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"car crash" wrote in message
[...]

http://www.thistothat.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 5, 10:38*am, car crash wrote:
[...]

I'd see if you can find some rubber that will wrap onto the sides as
well. Then you can use some screws on the sides in addition to glue.
I've had pretty good luck with GOOP as well as E6000 for difficult
gluing jobs.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

car crash wrote:
[...]

I'd probably just add some small screws (or even brads it they'll drive
into the particular plastic) thru the tire into the wheel thru the face
of the tire into the rim. Won't hurt a thing since the tire isn't
holding air anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:38:30 -0800 (PST), car crash
wrote:

[...]

http://www.mpsupplies.com/3madhesivechart.html

glue for plastic and rubber AKA gray asphalt Home Repair 7 November 6th 07 12:42 PM
Rubber "glue" TonyK UK diy 2 February 19th 05 11:30 PM
What glue for foarm rubber meirman Home Repair 7 January 22nd 05 06:41 PM
Glue for rubber to Al? Al A. Metalworking 10 January 6th 05 01:42 AM
conductive rubber glue? jtaylor Electronics Repair 14 December 22nd 04 04:25 AM