Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Non duplex GFI 'outlet'.

Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the
'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug
in duplex outlet.

A typical cost of around $5 was mentioned?

Fact? Info welcomed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 2:22*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:11:04 -0800 (PST), terry

wrote:
Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the
'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug
in duplex outlet.

A typical cost of around $5 was mentioned?

Fact? Info welcomed.

The only questionable part is the $5.
They are called "dead fronts" and $8-12 may be a better number.

Thanks for the fast reply. Maybe my informant is wrong about the $5!
Or perhaps it was a one day loss-leader sale item?
"Dead-fronts' description appreciated.
Cheers. terry
Posted to alt.home.repair

"terry" wrote in message
Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the
'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug
in duplex outlet.

A typical cost of around $5 was mentioned?

Fact? Info welcomed.

*They are switch rated so they can be used as on/off switches. I call them
GFI switches. Any electrical supply will have them. I'm not sure about
hardware stores.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 1:07*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"terry" wrote in message

Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the
'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug
in duplex outlet.

A typical cost of around $5 was mentioned?

Fact? Info welcomed.

*They are switch rated so they can be used as on/off switches. *I call them
GFI switches. *Any electrical supply will have them. *I'm not sure about
hardware stores.

I have seen a wide variety of these at the HD big box, but why not
have an extra outlet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the
'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug
in duplex outlet.

A typical cost of around $5 was mentioned?

Fact? Info welcomed.

*They are switch rated so they can be used as on/off switches. I call them
GFI switches. Any electrical supply will have them. I'm not sure about
hardware stores.

I have seen a wide variety of these at the HD big box, but why not
have an extra outlet?

*I recently installed two on dedicated circuits for a hydromassage bathtub.
I suggested and the customer agreed that having the GFI's over the vanity
instead of under the tub made it is easier to reset them if they ever
tripped instead of having to open up the access panel. I put them in the
same box as the GFI bathroom receptacle.