Pac-Fan

Default Expand 1 duplex outlet to 2 duplex outlets?

Just a side note: Be aware that electrical code prohibits "hidden or
concealed junction boxes", therefore if you add a double box and then want
to cover the original single one with sheetrock/paneling (instead of just
making it wider) then that violates code.

"DaveC" wrote in message
al.net...
If there's a better forum for residential and commercial electrical supply
wiring questions, please forgive and inform.

I want to expand a single duplex outlet to dual duplex outlets. If this

were
a romex type wire job, it would be a no-brainer. But this is a small

office
building with metal conduit entering and leaving the box, so besides it

being
nailed to the framing member behind sheet rock, the conduit makes it

pretty
hard to remove the box and install another.

How can I do this? I thought of adding another box to the side of the
existing one with a close nipple between and just routing the wires to the
new box. Cover the old box with a blank plate and put the duplex outlets

in
the new box.

That's my current plan. Any suggestions to the contrary?

Thanks,
--
Dave C