Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 8-outlet tap for double-duplex outlet?

Does this exist? I've been looking for one for a kitchen outlet that
gets all the wall-warts & an occasional hand-held mixer. The
6-outlet taps look out of place on a double duplex outlet. [and with
my current set of bricks they really only gain 1 outlet because they
are closer together]

I've looked at power strips but they all seem so bulky. One of
these days I might put a quad-duplex outlet in that spot-- but in the
meantime. . .

I've been browsing all the usual department & hardware stores in
person and online and haven't seen anything I really like. Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Jim
[looked at Lowes/Home Depot , Mcmaster, Ace, Truvalue, Compusa, Sears,
Target, Walmart. . . google has failed me this time]]
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Most of them are power bars. Some come with a very short cord to avoid rats
nests. Some also come with wide spaced outlets for fitting bulky wall warts.
Costco has one that is about 3+ feet long with outlets spaced about every
4 - 5 inches.

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Does this exist? I've been looking for one for a kitchen outlet that
gets all the wall-warts & an occasional hand-held mixer. The
6-outlet taps look out of place on a double duplex outlet. [and with
my current set of bricks they really only gain 1 outlet because they
are closer together]

I've looked at power strips but they all seem so bulky. One of
these days I might put a quad-duplex outlet in that spot-- but in the
meantime. . .

I've been browsing all the usual department & hardware stores in
person and online and haven't seen anything I really like. Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Jim
[looked at Lowes/Home Depot , Mcmaster, Ace, Truvalue, Compusa, Sears,
Target, Walmart. . . google has failed me this time]]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 19, 8:02 am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Does this exist? I've been looking for one for a kitchen outlet that
gets all the wall-warts & an occasional hand-held mixer. The
6-outlet taps look out of place on a double duplex outlet. [and with
my current set of bricks they really only gain 1 outlet because they
are closer together]

I've looked at power strips but they all seem so bulky. One of
these days I might put a quad-duplex outlet in that spot-- but in the
meantime. . .

I've been browsing all the usual department & hardware stores in
person and online and haven't seen anything I really like. Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Jim
[looked at Lowes/Home Depot , Mcmaster, Ace, Truvalue, Compusa, Sears,
Target, Walmart. . . google has failed me this time]]

Is it safe to assume that you are not using all of these appliances at
once? Needing 8 outlets in one location troubles me a bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:36:43 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

-snip-
Is it safe to assume that you are not using all of these appliances at
once? Needing 8 outlets in one location troubles me a bit.

Not really- 3 of the wall warts that are usually in use there come
to a total of 22watts. Then there is a 100w lamp. I think I've
still got a thousand plus watts to spare in that outlet. Plenty for a
mixer and a couple more chargers.

Jim