Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default garage door opener

pacca wrote:
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door
it will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive
1/2 horse opener, any body have had this problem.Thanks

Shorten the down stroke just a tad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, any body have had this problem.Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 8:46*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, *any body have had this problem.Thanks

Very likely an electric eye problem, look at the leds, they usually
show if they are aligned and working. mine show green when they are
right, but every manufacturer does things a bit differently.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 08:46:16 -0600, "pacca" wrote:

I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, any body have had this problem.Thanks

Check the photo cells for proper alignment and clean the lenses.

Next would be adjusting up/down force settings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 9:46*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, *any body have had this problem.Thanks

It's kind of funny how so many people assume that all GDO's are
equipped with electric eyes these days.

I'm sure that there are millions of older models still in use. I've
got one.

I would say that the three possible problems, in no particular order,
are

Down Limit Adjustment
Down Force Adjustment
Electric Sensors, if so equipped

Note: If adjusting the Down Force Adjustment solves the problem, you
might want to look for a root cause, such as binding near the bottom,
etc. Something is telling the force limiter to reverse the door, so
something has probably changed in how much feedback the sensor is
getting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:38:20 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Nov 3, 9:46*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, *any body have had this problem.Thanks

It's kind of funny how so many people assume that all GDO's are
equipped with electric eyes these days.

In this case I say the "lift-master" brand uses sensors.

I'm only familiar with one GDO maker (Mom N Pop) that makes an opener
where all the sensors are in the operator.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Nov 3, 9:46*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, *any body have had this problem.Thanks

It's kind of funny how so many people assume that all GDO's are
equipped with electric eyes these days.

In this case I say the "lift-master" brand uses sensors.

I'm only familiar with one GDO maker (Mom N Pop) that makes an opener
where all the sensors are in the operator.

I say Derby's point is valid. I have a Moore-Matic unit in my
current garage that is 24 years old and has no electric eye sensor.
I also have installed Sears units from back in the early 80s that had
no electric eye sensors. I'm sure there are pleny of other ones out
there that are still in use before the saftey reqt became mandatory.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Nov 3, 9:46*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, *any body have had this problem.Thanks

It's kind of funny how so many people assume that all GDO's are
equipped with electric eyes these days.

In this case I say the "lift-master" brand uses sensors.

I'm only familiar with one GDO maker (Mom N Pop) that makes an opener
where all the sensors are in the operator.

My statement was made as a general observation, which may not fit this
particular instance. I was merely pointing out that the "electric eye"
seems to be mentioned in almost every answer to GDO questions, with
rarely a "If you have sensors..." as part of the answer. It appears
that just about everyone assumes that every GDO in use today has
sensors.

My 198x Craftsman doesn't and the GDO's for the garage I store my
trailer in (GDO brands unknown) don't. It's a 2 car garage with 2
different brands of GDO's and neither of them have sensors.

My only point was that not all GDO in operation today have sensors, so
any suggestion that involves the electric eye probably should say
something like "If your model has sensors..." or "Assuming your model
has sensors..."

Keep in mind that in many cases we are answering questions for folks
without a clue so it might save some back-and-forth if we clarify that
point upfront.

That's all...no biggy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"pacca" wrote in message
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, any body have had this problem.Thanks

Turn the down force adjustment screw 1/4 turn clockwise. I had this already
this past week on 2 of my 3 doors, and that did the trick for both.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 8:46*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-mastergaragedooropener , at times when I close thedoorit
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, *any body have had this problem.Thanks

Try DFW Garage Door & Opener Repair for all of your Garage Door
Solutions
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/hss/1459624231.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:36:45 -0800 (PST), Brandon
wrote:

On Nov 3, 8:46Â*am, "pacca" wrote:
I have lift-mastergaragedooropener , at times when I close thedoorit
will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2
horse opener, Â*any body have had this problem.Thanks

Try DFW Garage Door & Opener Repair for all of your Garage Door
Solutions
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/hss/1459624231.html

Either the limit switch is out of adjustment or the current sense is
set too low or both.

Garage Door Opener Won't Lower Door Fleemo Home Repair 8 October 21st 08 03:44 AM
Ceiling in garage too low for installling garage door opener [email protected] Home Ownership 6 November 26th 06 03:46 PM
overhead door garage door opener [email protected] Home Ownership 2 September 17th 06 07:30 PM
garage door opener Dave Home Repair 2 December 2nd 05 01:15 AM
Garage Door Opener - What's Best Ray Home Repair 12 May 30th 05 01:55 AM