Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How many SWMBOs out there?

Oren wrote in
:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:58:34 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

aemeijers wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
VicP wrote:
I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO
(She Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that?
I've never seen it anywhere else.

I've never seen so many "guys" proudly pretending that they are
pussy whipped. I'm wondering if this might be a case of double
reverse psychology: the "guy" pretends that he's pussy whipped in
the hope that people will think that he wouldn't be "pretending"
if it were so. But in actually it is indeed so.

I won't tolerate a SWMBO, I suppose thats why I'm single.
I really can't tolerate SWMBC, that one lasts about five
minutes.

TDD

????
SWMBC?
Google was clueless, as am I.

--
aem sends...

She Who Must Be Crazy. I was talking to my friends daughter when she
was 23, I've known her since she was a little girl. I was explaining
to her that women have a switch inside their heads that flips between
the ages of 30-35, it's called "The Crazy Switch" and 20 years later
it comes loose again and the woman either turns into Hillary Clinton
or Mother Teresa, you never know where it will land. Her response was,
"I think I've seen that in my mother....OH NO, I've only got seven
years left!"

TDD

Crazy?! Go through her Menopause. She looks at you like you have three
heads,

[and will cut them all off]

says "I didn't say that"!!! "Why is it so hot?"

I don't think male Menopause is that bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote in
:

HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

????
SWMBC?
Google was clueless, as am I.

--
aem sends...
She Who Must Be Crazy. I was talking to my friends daughter when she
was 23, I've known her since she was a little girl. I was explaining
to her that women have a switch inside their heads that flips
between the ages of 30-35, it's called "The Crazy Switch" and 20
years later it comes loose again and the woman either turns into
Hillary Clinton or Mother Teresa, you never know where it will land.
Her response was, "I think I've seen that in my mother....OH NO,
I've only got seven years left!"

Good point. Men will tolerate a mentally-challengend woman (think
Edith Bunker), but seldom a crazy one. Or one that oscillates (think
un-medicated manic-depressive).

Unless they have really big tits.

Snort. Most men will tolerate damn near anything, especially after
they get too old and/or fat to find someone else. Remember, men get
cranky as they get older as well.

No they don't! FY and the horse you rode in on aemeijers!!

:-)

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

VicP wrote:
I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO (She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

I've never seen so many "guys" proudly pretending that they are pussy
whipped. I'm wondering if this might be a case of double reverse
psychology: the "guy" pretends that he's pussy whipped in the hope
that people will think that he wouldn't be "pretending" if it were so.
But in actually it is indeed so.

Does the military phrase "A good soldier picks which hill he wants to die
on" make any sense to you? Some time, it is advisable to go along with a
bad plan rather than face the difficulties, obstacles, and penalties of
noncompliance.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've never seen so many "guys" proudly pretending that they are pussy
whipped. [snip]

You say that like it's a bad thing...

It sucks to be you.

The Ranger

I used to have a girlfriend named Claudia. Claudia knew how to do "things",
and she would do them at the drop of a hat and in any place on the planet,
public, or private, many times totally and pleasantly surprising me, ala the
Police Chief's speech in the comedy Police Academy. (the girl hiding in the
lectern)

I do believe that woman could have convinced me to commit murder. I
wouldn't say I was pussy whipped, just lead around a lot. When a woman has
ahold of a man's dick, the rest of him just naturally follows. It isn't
until later that we have time or cause to reason.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Clot" wrote
VicP wrote:
I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO (She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

When it is appropriate I use "SWMBO'd". I think you will find it is
common practice on many user groups. Generally, at this establishment, it
is probably 6 of this and half a dozen of the other. However, there are
times when I feel that it is circumspect to obey SWMBO'd!

Snicker, and us SWMBO's appreciate it Dear!

Sadly, it works in reverse and i have to go to the hardware store in a few
mins for HWMBO. Thats ok, it's his birthday tomorrow and I wanna get him
a gift certificate for the local HW place so he can gleefully get us both
some new toys. (There's this add on dremmel tool part I really want!)

And Daddy, don't forget my eight pack of Duracell D batteries at the HW
store.............. Momma's Little Friend is getting a little
weak.................

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

I do believe that woman could have convinced me to commit murder. I
wouldn't say I was pussy whipped, just lead around a lot. When a woman has
ahold of a man's dick, the rest of him just naturally follows. It isn't
until later that we have time or cause to reason.

As John Hiatt once noted : I'm just so easily lead, when the Little
Head does the thinkin'.

--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:

I used to have a girlfriend named Claudia. Claudia knew how to do
"things", and she would do them at the drop of a hat and in any place
on the planet, public, or private, many times totally and pleasantly
surprising me, ala the Police Chief's speech in the comedy Police
Academy. (the girl hiding in the lectern)

I do believe that woman could have convinced me to commit murder. I
wouldn't say I was pussy whipped, just lead around a lot. When a
woman has ahold of a man's dick, the rest of him just naturally
follows. It isn't until later that we have time or cause to reason.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

Sadly, it works in reverse and i have to go to the hardware store in a
few mins for HWMBO. Thats ok, it's his birthday tomorrow and I wanna get
him a gift certificate for the local HW place so he can gleefully get us
both some new toys. (There's this add on dremmel tool part I really
want!)

And Daddy, don't forget my eight pack of Duracell D batteries at the HW
store.............. Momma's Little Friend is getting a little
weak.................

What I want is the small wire rotator for hard to reach small angles when
refinishing furniture.
LOL, What were YOU thinking of? Never mind, doesnt belong here ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
VicP wrote:

I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO (She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

I've never seen so many "guys" proudly pretending that they are pussy
whipped. I'm wondering if this might be a case of double reverse
psychology: the "guy" pretends that he's pussy whipped in the hope
that people will think that he wouldn't be "pretending" if it were so.
But in actually it is indeed so.

I read it as a not-so-subtle insult to the women, actually. Yeah, a lot
of married guys are pw'd, but I don't see "SWMBO" as a either a
compliment to the wives, or an acknowledgment by the men that they're
compliant. More like sarcasm.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote
VicP wrote:

I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO (She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

I read it as a not-so-subtle insult to the women, actually. Yeah, a lot
of married guys are pw'd, but I don't see "SWMBO" as a either a
compliment to the wives, or an acknowledgment by the men that they're
compliant. More like sarcasm.

I see it as a humorous by-line but not an insult (or rarely used in such a
manner). If my husband was a newsgroup sort of fellow a recent post of his
might have been: "SWMBO says the solid cherry wood table we are refinishing
needs a cherry color stain. What brand would you recommend?'

There's no insult there, just a joking query on my desires, his willingness
to match them, and a request for a brand name that you've found decent in
cherry wood stains.

BTW, if curious it has now been treated with tung oil and is waiting a solid
beeswax coating after the oil has a chance to soak in completely. Buffing
the wax in is quite a chore, but it's a small table, the sort you'd put in a
hall foyer for gloves and such. Lovely little piece which we have no use
for but going to make a great gift after we have fun restoring it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:48:58 -0400, "cshenk" wrote
Re How many SWMBOs out there?:

I read it as a not-so-subtle insult to the women, actually. Yeah, a lot
of married guys are pw'd, but I don't see "SWMBO" as a either a
compliment to the wives, or an acknowledgment by the men that they're
compliant. More like sarcasm.

I see it as a humorous by-line but not an insult (or rarely used in such a
manner). If my husband was a newsgroup sort of fellow a recent post of his
might have been: "SWMBO says the solid cherry wood table we are refinishing
needs a cherry color stain. What brand would you recommend?'

I wonder if it has something to do with a man's age? I just can't
imagine a married male between the ages of 20 and 35 referring to his
wife as She Who Must Be Obeyed; particularly if he is a stud (like me
:-)
--
I filter all messages from google groups.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 17, 4:45*pm, VicP wrote:
I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives asSWMBO(She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

I've never seen so many "guys" proudly pretending that they are pussy
whipped. I'm wondering if this might be a case of double reverse
psychology: the "guy" pretends that he's pussy whipped in the hope
that people will think that he wouldn't be "pretending" if it were so.
But in actually it is indeed so.

Hmmm, my DH looks at any home improvement project and says, "Ewww,
looks like work" and backs away. I call him, "He Who Must Be Ignored",
or HWMBI (hoo-imbi) when I'm deciding what needs to be done to the
house. He neither pays for it nor does any of the work. Why should I
care what he thinks? Answer: I don't
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:00:29 -0700 (PDT), tmclone

On Oct 17, 4:45*pm, VicP wrote:
I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives asSWMBO(She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

I've never seen so many "guys" proudly pretending that they are pussy
whipped. I'm wondering if this might be a case of double reverse
psychology: the "guy" pretends that he's pussy whipped in the hope
that people will think that he wouldn't be "pretending" if it were so.
But in actually it is indeed so.

Hmmm, my DH looks at any home improvement project and says, "Ewww,
looks like work" and backs away. I call him, "He Who Must Be Ignored",
or HWMBI (hoo-imbi) when I'm deciding what needs to be done to the
house. He neither pays for it nor does any of the work. Why should I
care what he thinks? Answer: I don't

Good one!!! An entirely correct attitude.

--
I filter all messages from google groups.
Posted to alt.home.repair

cshenk wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote
VicP wrote:

I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO (She
Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've
never seen it anywhere else.

I read it as a not-so-subtle insult to the women, actually. Yeah, a lot
of married guys are pw'd, but I don't see "SWMBO" as a either a
compliment to the wives, or an acknowledgment by the men that they're
compliant. More like sarcasm.

I see it as a humorous by-line but not an insult (or rarely used in such
a manner). If my husband was a newsgroup sort of fellow a recent post
of his might have been: "SWMBO says the solid cherry wood table we are
refinishing needs a cherry color stain. What brand would you recommend?'

There's no insult there, just a joking query on my desires, his
willingness to match them, and a request for a brand name that you've
found decent in cherry wood stains.

That's pretty much how it is here too.

FWIW the following Wikipedia explains the roots of this acronym:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWMBO