Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shed project question

have a dumb question about my shed project......I'm constructing a 12x16
shed. have poured concrete slab and put down one row of concrete blocks, I
will pick up lumber tomorrow. planning to use 5/8" T-111 plywood siding.
Question is should I frame so that siding sits on top of concrete blocks or
should I frame with 2x4s to edge of concrete blocks and overhang siding?
Total height of walls including concrete blocks is 7' thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 13, 12:03*pm, wrote:
have a dumb question about my shed project......I'm constructing a 12x16
shed. have poured concrete slab and put down one row of concrete blocks, I
will pick up lumber tomorrow. planning to use 5/8" *T-111 plywood siding.
Question is should I frame so that siding sits on top of concrete blocks or
should I frame with 2x4s to edge of concrete blocks and overhang siding?
Total height of walls including concrete blocks is 7' * * * * * * * * thanks

If you want the water that hits the walls to run into the shed then by
all means let the siding rest on the blocks. G Outside the blocks
should work OK. Some installers will chamfer the square bottom of the
siding 45 degrees toward the inside to have a nice sharp outside drip
edge. Paint the edge well, of course.

Joe