Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI not made in China

I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 8:53*pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." spam-o...@anti-
grunge.org wrote:
* * * * I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Try Madeinusa.org or google GFCI made in usa, there is one and maybe
only one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Just cause they are made in China does not mean they are no good.
Leviton has to protect itself against lawsuits too.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 12, 6:53*pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." spam-o...@anti-
grunge.org wrote:
* * * * I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

I understand your frustration. I got a Leviton from HD, went to the
trouble of installing it in a tough location, only to have it
malfunction although it was installed correctly. It would trip the
instant any plug started to push in. At least Leviton customer
service verified that it was their problem and that it likely affected
multiple devices (so I knew not to "try again" at the Home Depot).

I had to go to an out-of-the-way, smaller hardware store to find a
more expensive brand that worked properly, but it may be made in
China, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were
Coopers made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Just cause they are made in China does not mean they are no good.
Leviton has to protect itself against lawsuits too.

Lou

It's all supposed to meet the specs no mater where it's made.
I work in the service industry and all of my fellow service
people are having a heck of a time replacing Chinese made
capacitors in refrigeration and HVAC equipment. American made
capacitors are superior but cost twice as much and none of
the local supply houses stock them. They can't compete if the
only caps they stocked were of American manufacture.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

"LouB" wrote in message
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were
Coopers made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Just cause they are made in China does not mean they are no good.
Leviton has to protect itself against lawsuits too.

Lou

Which is not the same as saying Levitrons are good, because they suck,
IMNSHO.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:16:49 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

LouB wrote:
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were
Coopers made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Just cause they are made in China does not mean they are no good.
Leviton has to protect itself against lawsuits too.

Lou

It's all supposed to meet the specs no mater where it's made.
I work in the service industry and all of my fellow service
people are having a heck of a time replacing Chinese made
capacitors in refrigeration and HVAC equipment. American made
capacitors are superior but cost twice as much and none of
the local supply houses stock them. They can't compete if the
only caps they stocked were of American manufacture.

TDD

They'd have my business!!

I'm not sure I like American politics any better than Chinese, but
their products (what remain) are "generally" worth the difference in
price.
Posted to alt.home.repair

This joke is best told orally:

Q: Do you know the difference between a teacup and a peecup?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

How about a Mexican made Dodge Pickup?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2009 10:39 PM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

This joke is best told orally:

Q: Do you know the difference between a teacup and a peecup?

Seems as good a place as any to throw in a random groaner, from my late dad:

Eat every bean and pea on your plate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/13/2009 10:39 PM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

This joke is best told orally:

Q: Do you know the difference between a teacup and a peecup?

Seems as good a place as any to throw in a random groaner, from my late
dad:

Eat every bean and pea on your plate.

Confusion say: Man who cook beans and peas in same pot,
very unsanitary.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
JP JP is offline

grunge.org wrote:
* * * * I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Made Where

First three numbers in bar code tells where it is made

00-09 USA/Canada

30-37 France

40-44 Germany

47 Taiwan

49 Japan

50 UK

690-692 China
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:23:01 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 8/13/2009 10:39 PM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

This joke is best told orally:

Q: Do you know the difference between a teacup and a peecup?

Seems as good a place as any to throw in a random groaner, from my late
dad:

Eat every bean and pea on your plate.

Confusion say: Man who cook beans and peas in same pot,
very unsanitary.

TDD

No, actually it is man who cook beans and pees in same pot is very
unsanitary.

Sounds the same.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't believe this to be true. The beginning digits of a bar code
do pertain to the manufacturer, but I'm sure all Leviton UPC's start with
the same digits, regardless of the country of origin. Oddly enough, some of
the ordinary receptacles are still made in USA, but all of the GFCI's are
Chinese, which I find rather puzzling. I'm sure if I went back to the store
and looked at the UPC's, they would all start with the same digits.

grunge.org wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were
Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Made Where

First three numbers in bar code tells where it is made

00-09 USA/Canada

30-37 France

40-44 Germany

47 Taiwan

49 Japan

50 UK

690-692 China

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

First three numbers in bar code tells where it is made

00-09 USA/Canada

30-37 France

40-44 Germany

47 Taiwan