Posted to alt.home.repair
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. is offline

Default GFCI not made in China

I don't believe this to be true. The beginning digits of a bar code
do pertain to the manufacturer, but I'm sure all Leviton UPC's start with
the same digits, regardless of the country of origin. Oddly enough, some of
the ordinary receptacles are still made in USA, but all of the GFCI's are
Chinese, which I find rather puzzling. I'm sure if I went back to the store
and looked at the UPC's, they would all start with the same digits.

"JP" wrote in message
On Aug 12, 6:53 pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." spam-o...@anti-
grunge.org wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were
Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Made Where

First three numbers in bar code tells where it is made

00-09 USA/Canada

30-37 France

40-44 Germany

47 Taiwan