Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI not made in China

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:16:49 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

LouB wrote:
Andrew M. Saucci, Jr. wrote:
I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were
Coopers made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

Just cause they are made in China does not mean they are no good.
Leviton has to protect itself against lawsuits too.

Lou

It's all supposed to meet the specs no mater where it's made.
I work in the service industry and all of my fellow service
people are having a heck of a time replacing Chinese made
capacitors in refrigeration and HVAC equipment. American made
capacitors are superior but cost twice as much and none of
the local supply houses stock them. They can't compete if the
only caps they stocked were of American manufacture.

TDD

They'd have my business!!

I'm not sure I like American politics any better than Chinese, but
their products (what remain) are "generally" worth the difference in
price.