Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default GFCI not made in China

On Aug 12, 6:53*pm, "Andrew M. Saucci, Jr." spam-o...@anti-
grunge.org wrote:
* * * * I went to Home Depot to look for a GFCI and all they had were
Levitons made in China. Then I went to Lowe's and all they had were Coopers
made in China. Does anyone know of a GFCI not made in China?

I understand your frustration. I got a Leviton from HD, went to the
trouble of installing it in a tough location, only to have it
malfunction although it was installed correctly. It would trip the
instant any plug started to push in. At least Leviton customer
service verified that it was their problem and that it likely affected
multiple devices (so I knew not to "try again" at the Home Depot).

I had to go to an out-of-the-way, smaller hardware store to find a
more expensive brand that worked properly, but it may be made in
China, too.