Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rm-p/35159.htm
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 03:47:14 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rm-p/35159.htm
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. *You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. *My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced.
Its a Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try asking in comp.home.automation.

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-....
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. *You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall..
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. *My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try Macurco, but all the ones I've used have been 24V. they might
have a 12V version though.

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?
Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try Macurco, but all the ones I've used have been 24V. they might
have a 12V version though.

nate

I'm not at work anymore, so I had a chance to DAGS and expand on my
answer...

a) looks like Macurco has been bought by 3M

b) looks like the CM-15a will work on 12/24V AC or DC and includes a
Form C alarm relay and a NC trouble relay (so if you are using a panel
that has a supervised alarm circuit it can correctly report a trouble
condition with the detector)

http://selector.3m.com/selector/us/e...ts/shcm15a.pdf

HTH

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

http://selector.3m.com/selector/us/e...alth_safety/ga...

HTH

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the input, but I might as well get the same CO sensor as
before to cover the mounting holes and the hole where the wire comes
through on my wallpapered wall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rm-p/35159.htm
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

You might find what you are looking for at a Recreational Vehicle dealership
as RV's are usually 12 volt systems.
--
Ron

Posted to alt.home.repair

RV dealers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

RV's are mainly 12 volt systems and they are usually equipped with CO and
Propane detectors as well as smoke alarms. The last RV dealership that I
was in had all kinds of CO detectors.

wrote in message
RV dealers?

Skylink Wireless Alarm Systems [email protected] Home Repair 1 July 28th 08 05:30 AM
Thin flexible SS conduit as used to protect alarm cables to garagedoor detectors Richard UK diy 5 July 4th 07 09:39 AM
Remote gsm alarm systems David UK diy 18 May 15th 05 05:46 PM
Alarm systems (Menvier) Bert UK diy 1 May 6th 05 08:29 PM
Gardtec Alarm Systems Trevor Smith UK diy 4 August 30th 04 02:04 PM