Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

N8N wrote:
On Aug 10, 1:16 pm, Mike rock wrote:
On Aug 10, 10:36 am, Phisherman wrote:

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 03:47:14 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?
Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try Macurco, but all the ones I've used have been 24V. they might
have a 12V version though.

nate

I'm not at work anymore, so I had a chance to DAGS and expand on my
answer...

a) looks like Macurco has been bought by 3M

b) looks like the CM-15a will work on 12/24V AC or DC and includes a
Form C alarm relay and a NC trouble relay (so if you are using a panel
that has a supervised alarm circuit it can correctly report a trouble
condition with the detector)

http://selector.3m.com/selector/us/e...ts/shcm15a.pdf

HTH

nate