DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/284264-who-sells-12v-co-detectors-alarm-systems.html)

Mikepier August 10th 09 11:47 AM

Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rm-p/35159.htm
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Phisherman[_2_] August 10th 09 03:36 PM

Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 03:47:14 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier
wrote:

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rm-p/35159.htm
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

Mike rock August 10th 09 06:16 PM

http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. *You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. *My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Bob F August 10th 09 09:01 PM

wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced.
Its a Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try asking in comp.home.automation.

N8N August 10th 09 09:25 PM

wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-....
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. *You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall..
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. *My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try Macurco, but all the ones I've used have been 24V. they might
have a 12V version though.

nate

Nate Nagel August 10th 09 11:37 PM

wrote:
My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rbon-Monoxide-...
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?
Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart
or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall.
I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke
detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works
off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my
alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Try Macurco, but all the ones I've used have been 24V. they might
have a 12V version though.

nate

I'm not at work anymore, so I had a chance to DAGS and expand on my
answer...

a) looks like Macurco has been bought by 3M

b) looks like the CM-15a will work on 12/24V AC or DC and includes a
Form C alarm relay and a NC trouble relay (so if you are using a panel
that has a supervised alarm circuit it can correctly report a trouble
condition with the detector)

http://selector.3m.com/selector/us/e...ts/shcm15a.pdf

HTH

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Mike rock August 11th 09 11:34 AM

wrote:
[...]

http://selector.3m.com/selector/us/e...alth_safety/ga...

HTH

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the input, but I might as well get the same CO sensor as
before to cover the mounting holes and the hole where the wire comes
through on my wallpapered wall.

Worn out Retread August 11th 09 02:24 PM

wrote:

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a
Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.
http://www.techmall.com/GE-Security-...rm-p/35159.htm
Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

You might find what you are looking for at a Recreational Vehicle dealership
as RV's are usually 12 volt systems.
--
Ron

[email protected] August 11th 09 09:32 PM

Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

RV dealers?

Worn out Retread August 12th 09 02:04 PM

Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

RV's are mainly 12 volt systems and they are usually equipped with CO and
Propane detectors as well as smoke alarms. The last RV dealership that I
was in had all kinds of CO detectors.

wrote in message
RV dealers?