Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Excell Power washer has no pressure

My excell 2500 power washer just stopped working while I'd been using it
for an hour. The engine continued to run, but there was absolutely no
pressure coming out. I could put my finger over the open end of the
pressure washer and keep any water from coming out. I've removed the hose
and verified there's no obstructions and i have good water pressure from
the house...Could it be my pump is bad? I did notice 2 things after it
stopped providing pressure....my son had turned on the hot water on so I'd
been washing with pure hot water prior to the failure, and the 2nd thing I
noticed was a sucking noise coming from the nozzle for the soap hose
(located on the inlet connection)

any suggestions would help before I take it to the local true value for
repair.

Thanks, Pete

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

How about post to Usenet the regular way?

368059 spam and counting!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"pdq911" wrote in message

Delivered via http://www.thesuckocompany.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 8, 5:07*pm, (pdq911) wrote:
My excell 2500 power washer just stopped working while I'd been using it
for an hour. *The engine continued to run, but there was absolutely no
pressure coming out. *I could put my finger over the open end of the
pressure washer and keep any water from coming out. *I've removed the hose
and verified there's no obstructions and i have good water pressure from
the house...Could it be my pump is bad? *I did notice 2 things after it
stopped providing pressure....my son had turned on the hot water on so I'd
been washing with pure hot water prior to the failure, and the 2nd thing I
noticed was a sucking noise coming from the nozzle for the soap hose
(located on the inlet connection)

any suggestions would help before I take it to the local true value for
repair.

Thanks, Pete

-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Blaming the hot water on your son isnt nice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

pdq911 wrote:
[...]

Sounds like your washer intestine melted by hot water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

pressure coming out. *I could put my finger over the open end of the
pressure washer and keep any water from coming out. *I've removed the hose
and verified there's no obstructions and i have good water pressure from

Check to make sure the gun itself isn't clogged. This is what
happened to mine. There was a tiny piece of crap stuck just before
the tip of the gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

pdq911 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...re-388087-.htm
:

JimmyDahGeek wrote:

pressure coming out. =A0I could put my finger over the open end of
the
pressure washer and keep any water from coming out. =A0I've
removed the h=

ose
and verified there's no obstructions and i have good water
pressure from

Check to make sure the gun itself isn't clogged. This is what
happened to mine. There was a tiny piece of crap stuck just before
the tip of the gun.

-------------------------------------

No, I've removed the pressure wand and the hose from the unit and there's
still no pressure coming out

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Stucco site is not a help forum, it's an
*advertising* forum that invades real forums
(like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet")
parasitically in order to generate free
advertising for itself, which continually
advances its search engine placement, thereby
increasing its own revenue through its click-
through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them
an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper
channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet"
and post the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus