Posted to alt.home.repair
pdq911 pdq911 is offline

Default Excell Power washer has no pressure

My excell 2500 power washer just stopped working while I'd been using it
for an hour. The engine continued to run, but there was absolutely no
pressure coming out. I could put my finger over the open end of the
pressure washer and keep any water from coming out. I've removed the hose
and verified there's no obstructions and i have good water pressure from
the house...Could it be my pump is bad? I did notice 2 things after it
stopped providing pressure....my son had turned on the hot water on so I'd
been washing with pure hot water prior to the failure, and the 2nd thing I
noticed was a sucking noise coming from the nozzle for the soap hose
(located on the inlet connection)

any suggestions would help before I take it to the local true value for
repair.

Thanks, Pete