Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 11, 10:40*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

Tack some pieces in place and see which looks best to you. LikeIy it
will be the 5/8". Wider looks better, too.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Tube Audio wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use
the 5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

The profile of each matters. If both were just flat boards, being of equal
thicknesses could give you a "seamless" flow one to another. OTOH, thicker
casing gives you something to butt the base against.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

On Jul 11, 10:40*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

The door casing is always a little thicker than the base that butts
it, use 5/8.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

It usually looks better if they aren't the same thickness.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Door trim looks better if it sticks out further than the baseboard..gives
the BB something to butt up against so IMO, the thicker is better.

Base and casing installation JohnnyC Home Repair 2 January 9th 08 02:18 PM
Trim router base SimonLW Woodworking 3 November 21st 06 09:36 PM
Base moulding and trim [email protected] Home Ownership 0 November 15th 06 07:26 PM
door casing [email protected] Woodworking 7 May 22nd 05 11:04 PM
offset base for PC 310 trim router Jim Wilson Woodworking 16 November 14th 04 04:11 PM