DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/282201-room-trim-base-door-casing-size.html)

Tube Audio July 12th 09 04:40 AM

Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

Joe July 12th 09 05:21 AM

On Jul 11, 10:40*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

Tack some pieces in place and see which looks best to you. LikeIy it
will be the 5/8". Wider looks better, too.

dadiOH[_3_] July 12th 09 12:33 PM

Tube Audio wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use
the 5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

The profile of each matters. If both were just flat boards, being of equal
thicknesses could give you a "seamless" flow one to another. OTOH, thicker
casing gives you something to butt the base against.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

windcrest July 12th 09 02:38 PM

Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

On Jul 11, 10:40*pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

The door casing is always a little thicker than the base that butts
it, use 5/8.

Cwatters July 13th 09 09:02 AM

"Tube Audio" wrote in message
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

It usually looks better if they aren't the same thickness.

Rudy July 13th 09 06:49 PM

Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use the
5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Door trim looks better if it sticks out further than the baseboard..gives
the BB something to butt up against so IMO, the thicker is better.