Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Room Trim Base and Door Casing size ?

Tube Audio wrote:
Hello

As I repaint the bedroom I am also changing the base trim and the door
casing.

The base trim is 9/16" thick. The Door casing is either 9/16" or 5/8".

Should I use the 9/16" Door casing to match the base? Or Should I use
the 5/8" door casing which is 1/16" thicker?

Thanks

The profile of each matters. If both were just flat boards, being of equal
thicknesses could give you a "seamless" flow one to another. OTOH, thicker
casing gives you something to butt the base against.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...