Jim Wilson

Default offset base for PC 310 trim router

Anybody know of a part number for an offset base that works with the
Porter Cable 310 production laminate trimmer? Or even better, where one
might be found? Old numbers and used parts are welcome!

Oh, to avoid potential confusion: this isn't a simple offset base plate.
It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC
7311 shown he

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3896

But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor.

Thanks!

Jim
toller

"BobS" wrote in message
Go to Pat Warner's site www.patwarner.com he makes them and sells them.

Doncha just love how people read the OP so carefully?

BobS

Let's see... the OP said

"But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor."

I said.......

"Go to Pat Warner's site www.patwarner.com he makes them and sells them."

and if you went there, you would have found.........

http://www.patwarner.com/pc310_special.html

Now if you know of a base for a 310 that looks like the one he referenced,
then please feel free to offer it up.

Doncha ya just love how people jump before reading so carefully....

"toller" wrote in message

"BobS" wrote in message
Go to Pat Warner's site www.patwarner.com he makes them and sells

them.

Doncha just love how people read the OP so carefully?

toller

"BobS" wrote in message
Let's see... the OP said

"But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor."

I said.......

"Go to Pat Warner's site www.patwarner.com he makes them and sells

them."

and if you went there, you would have found.........

http://www.patwarner.com/pc310_special.html

Now if you know of a base for a 310 that looks like the one he referenced,
then please feel free to offer it up.

Doncha ya just love how people jump before reading so carefully....

"this isn't a simple offset base plate.
It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC
7311 shown he
http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3896"
He specifically stated he didn't want an offset baseplate to stop people
from cluttering up the thread with links to patwarner. He even provided a
link to illustrate precisely what he wanted. But you went ahead and
referred him to an offset baseplate.
Gosh I hope you are just a troll of some sort.

BobS

I was trying to help. I've never seen an attachment like that for a 310.

You're being a complete asshole isn't helping the OP either so rather than
rag on my post - try to contribute something useful for a change.

toller

"BobS" wrote in message
I was trying to help. I've never seen an attachment like that for a 310.

You're being a complete asshole isn't helping the OP either so rather than
rag on my post - try to contribute something useful for a change.

I accept your apology. Next time besure you understand the question before
answering.

jo4hn

Jim Wilson wrote:

Anybody know of a part number for an offset base that works with the
Porter Cable 310 production laminate trimmer? Or even better, where one
might be found? Old numbers and used parts are welcome!

Oh, to avoid potential confusion: this isn't a simple offset base plate.
It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC
7311 shown he

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3896

But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor.

Thanks!

Jim

Took me a while to understand this one and the ****ing contest above
shed more heat than light on the subject. I have the 7310 lam trimmer
and finally went to the PC site to find out that that is different from
the 310. Phew. Smarter today than yesterday and in about 450 years
I'll be a genius. I can only offer their customer service number
(800)321-9443 and a cherry "Godspeed".

mahalo,
jo4hn
igor

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:14:48 GMT, Jim Wilson
wrote:

Anybody know of a part number for an offset base that works with the
Porter Cable 310 production laminate trimmer? Or even better, where one
might be found? Old numbers and used parts are welcome!

Oh, to avoid potential confusion: this isn't a simple offset base plate.
It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC
7311 shown he

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3896

But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor.

FWIW, you may know this, here is info from a customer comment at Amazon
about the PC 7310 trimmer: "Sadly, Porter Cable no longer sells the
excellent offset, angle, and other optional bases for the 310. If you need
these you can acquire them used or new-old-stock, but they are getting
harder to find. The premium prices of these trimmers and optional bases
found on Ebay attest to the loyal following the 310 has. These bases are
available for the 7310, but you will still have to deal with the inferior
design and quality of that trimmer. Again, go with the DeWalt or Bosch if
you need a complete trim kit with all the bases. If you don't need them,
get the 310 and you'll be set for life. You'll be glad you did."

I looked at e-Bay and all I could find was a recently completed auction --
and it looked like it was a good deal for as used one w/ motor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
But there is a current auction that includes a new motor with the offset
base:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Good luck. -- Igor
BobS

That was not an apology by any stretch... and next time try to be helpful
instead of being a complete ass.

jo4hn

jo4hn wrote:

Jim Wilson wrote:

[snippage] I can only offer their customer service number
(800)321-9443 and a cherry "Godspeed".

Eek. That should be cheery. Back to the drawing board. Sigh.
j4

Jim Wilson

BobS wrote...
I was trying to help. I've never seen an attachment like that for a 310.

Thanks, Bob. PC used to sell an offset base for the 310. I really much
prefer the 310 trimmer to the 7310. They're just not the same class of
tool.

Jim
Jim Wilson

jo4hn wrote...
I have the 7310 lam trimmer and finally went to the PC site to find
out that that is different from the 310. Phew.

Oh, yes! (G)

Smarter today than yesterday and in about 450 years
I'll be a genius. I can only offer their customer service number
(800)321-9443.

Thanks. Guess I was just too lazy to call yesterday and figured someone
on the wreck would have a quick answer for me.

Cheers,

Jim
Tom Watson

There are at least two.

The model 5022 and the model 5031 bases fit the 3102 motor.

I'll go into the dirty paper vaults and post some dirty pictures on
ABPW.

wrote:

Anybody know of a part number for an offset base that works with the
Porter Cable 310 production laminate trimmer? Or even better, where one
might be found? Old numbers and used parts are welcome!

Oh, to avoid potential confusion: this isn't a simple offset base plate.
It's an accessory with an offset shaft, like the currently-offered PC
7311 shown he

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=3399&p=3896

But I need one that will fit either the PC 310 router or the 3102 motor.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Wilson

igor wrote...
FWIW, you may know this, here is info from a customer comment at Amazon
about the PC 7310 trimmer: "Sadly, Porter Cable no longer sells the
excellent offset, angle, and other optional bases for the 310. If you need
these you can acquire them used or new-old-stock, but they are getting
harder to find. The premium prices of these trimmers and optional bases
found on Ebay attest to the loyal following the 310 has. These bases are
available for the 7310, but you will still have to deal with the inferior
design and quality of that trimmer. Again, go with the DeWalt or Bosch if
you need a complete trim kit with all the bases. If you don't need them,
get the 310 and you'll be set for life. You'll be glad you did."

Boy, I couldn't have said it better myself! But, I haven't seen any
offset bases for the 310 on eBay -- in my one day of looking. If you spot
one, ring out loud and clear, please!

I looked at e-Bay and all I could find was a recently completed auction --
and it looked like it was a good deal for as used one w/ motor.
But there is a current auction that includes a new motor with the offset
base:

Yabbut...those are the 73xx variety.

AAArrrrggghhh!!! Your links prompted me to search completed auctions, and
lookie what I found:

This is EXACTLY what I am looking for! And it went -- with a motor! --
for $89.10 just five days ago! Oh, the agony!

:-(

Jim
Jim Wilson

Tom Watson wrote...
There are at least two.

The model 5022 and the model 5031 bases fit the 3102 motor.

I'll go into the dirty paper vaults and post some dirty pictures on
ABPW.

Thanks, Tom. Youdaman! I think I used to have the 5031...the number rings
a bell, anyway.

Jim

igor

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:22:43 GMT, Jim Wilson
wrote:

Boy, I couldn't have said it better myself! But, I haven't seen any
offset bases for the 310 on eBay -- in my one day of looking. If you spot
one, ring out loud and clear, please!

I looked at e-Bay and all I could find was a recently completed auction --
and it looked like it was a good deal for as used one w/ motor.
But there is a current auction that includes a new motor with the offset
base:

Yabbut...those are the 73xx variety.

AAArrrrggghhh!!! Your links prompted me to search completed auctions, and
lookie what I found:

This is EXACTLY what I am looking for! And it went -- with a motor! --
for $89.10 just five days ago! Oh, the agony!

Do you know about the ebay function that e-mails you when what you are
looking for comes up for auction? I haven't done one in a while but it is
under My Ebay -- I think "favorite searches". That might help. Just don't
make the search too narrow. Good luck. -- Igor
BobS

toller,

Come back when you have something to offer or at least try to be helpful.
Now be nice, sit down and be quite.