Jim Wilson

igor wrote...
FWIW, you may know this, here is info from a customer comment at Amazon
about the PC 7310 trimmer: "Sadly, Porter Cable no longer sells the
excellent offset, angle, and other optional bases for the 310. If you need
these you can acquire them used or new-old-stock, but they are getting
harder to find. The premium prices of these trimmers and optional bases
found on Ebay attest to the loyal following the 310 has. These bases are
available for the 7310, but you will still have to deal with the inferior
design and quality of that trimmer. Again, go with the DeWalt or Bosch if
you need a complete trim kit with all the bases. If you don't need them,
get the 310 and you'll be set for life. You'll be glad you did."

Boy, I couldn't have said it better myself! But, I haven't seen any
offset bases for the 310 on eBay -- in my one day of looking. If you spot
one, ring out loud and clear, please!

I looked at e-Bay and all I could find was a recently completed auction --
and it looked like it was a good deal for as used one w/ motor.
But there is a current auction that includes a new motor with the offset
base:

Yabbut...those are the 73xx variety.

AAArrrrggghhh!!! Your links prompted me to search completed auctions, and
lookie what I found:

This is EXACTLY what I am looking for! And it went -- with a motor! --
for $89.10 just five days ago! Oh, the agony!

:-(

Jim