Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tankless toilet

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 19, 2:24*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie

It may not be convenient or a good idea, but you can use them in
houses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JIMMIE" wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 19, 2:59*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

And they seemed to be designed to leak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:

"JIMMIE" wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

They will work fine in a house if you connect them to a diaphragm type
storage tank as an accumulator in an adjacent closet with a 1" line
feeding the toilet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most of them are fed with a minimum 1" water supply line, which is of course
tied to larger water supply lines in commercial buildings. Many entire
homes are set-up with 3/4" max feeding the entire house. Without the high
volume, you won't get a decent flush, and a flushometer won't shut off
unless the pressure and volume are very good either. Of course, there are
remedys if you really want to use them in a home.

HTH, Lefty

"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Hmm, sounds promising. I have a 1" supply comming into my house with
100 PSI before the regulator.. I was going to put a toilet and urinal
in my "man cave" bathroom.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Hmm, sounds promising. I have a 1" supply comming into my house with
100 PSI before the regulator.. I was going to put a toilet and urinal
in my "man cave" bathroom.

Jimmie

Your better off searching for the flushless urinal, it has a fluid that is
lighter than urine so that goes down the drain and the fluid stays behind.
Much more practical IMHO.

Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:24:09 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Fine if you live alone. I wouldn't want one of those things going off while
I was trying to sleep.