DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tankless toilet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280666-tankless-toilet.html)

JIMMIE June 19th 09 10:24 PM

Tankless toilet

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie

mike June 19th 09 10:56 PM

Tankless toilet

On Jun 19, 2:24*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie

It may not be convenient or a good idea, but you can use them in
houses.

Jon Danniken[_2_] June 19th 09 10:59 PM

Tankless toilet

"JIMMIE" wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

mike June 19th 09 11:12 PM

Tankless toilet

On Jun 19, 2:59*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

And they seemed to be designed to leak.

Pete C. June 20th 09 12:22 AM

Tankless toilet

Jon Danniken wrote:

"JIMMIE" wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

They work great, if you like the sound of a jet engine in your bathroom.

Jon

They will work fine in a house if you connect them to a diaphragm type
storage tank as an accumulator in an adjacent closet with a 1" line
feeding the toilet.

Lefty[_2_] June 20th 09 12:29 AM

Tankless toilet

Most of them are fed with a minimum 1" water supply line, which is of course
tied to larger water supply lines in commercial buildings. Many entire
homes are set-up with 3/4" max feeding the entire house. Without the high
volume, you won't get a decent flush, and a flushometer won't shut off
unless the pressure and volume are very good either. Of course, there are
remedys if you really want to use them in a home.

HTH, Lefty

JIMMIE June 20th 09 12:56 AM

Tankless toilet

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Hmm, sounds promising. I have a 1" supply comming into my house with
100 PSI before the regulator.. I was going to put a toilet and urinal
in my "man cave" bathroom.

Jimmie

Rich June 20th 09 01:54 AM

Tankless toilet

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Hmm, sounds promising. I have a 1" supply comming into my house with
100 PSI before the regulator.. I was going to put a toilet and urinal
in my "man cave" bathroom.

Jimmie

Your better off searching for the flushless urinal, it has a fluid that is
lighter than urine so that goes down the drain and the fluid stays behind.
Much more practical IMHO.

Rich

AZ Nomad[_2_] June 20th 09 02:15 AM

Tankless toilet

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:24:09 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE wrote:
I bought a couple of old tankless toilets like you see in commercial
buildings at an auction. Probably a dumb question to ask now but why
cant you use these in houses. Oh well I got them real cheap, even if I
find I cant use themI can probably get morre than my money back.

Fine if you live alone. I wouldn't want one of those things going off while
I was trying to sleep.