Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to spare yersef limitless grief if you are still in the jobmarket

The guy who did a head and valve job on my motorhome accidently
stepped on my oil dip stick... put a kink in that sucker. wouldnt
work after that. its a long one 42 inches. Grreat valve job
though, engine runs like a fine clock now.

so I took the kinky dip stick to Kragen Auto supply, and was helped
by
a very brright confident and assured young man who said he had a
replacement 'right here'...and handed me a bubble packed chrome dip
stick about 14 inches long.....

ahhh sed... err. 'it looks a little short to me'. ..what is it a
telescoping dip stick... he assured me that it was, and would fit
anything.

still confident and somewhat patronizingly he said...'look, it will
work, take it out and try it, if it doesnt work bring it back and we
can exchange it'...he said with an air of competence and surity that
would have done anyone proud.

He will no doubt be at a jiffy lube next, stripping out oil drain
plug
holes.

***

On other fronts, presented by another idiot.... Dr Dean Adel...but
this time maybe he was right.. Dr Dean reported on a study that
38%
of heart patients could not locate or identify the human heart in a
diagram of the human body...

I thought that was exciting.... in all the world, only Mexico faired
worse.

***

so now of course we have these in management... reviewing our
resume's... well maybe yours.

I keep mine hidden.

When I get a resume request these days I tell them that I only submit
if the interviewer can explain what an
engineer in my business actually does... and explain to me why two
space shuttles blew up, killing over 20 good men and a couple of
wimens.

that spares me limitless grief.

Phil scott
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 2:11*pm, phil scott wrote:

so now of course we have these in management... reviewing our
resume's... *well maybe yours.

I keep mine hidden.

When I get a resume request these days I tell them that I only submit
if the interviewer can explain what an
engineer in my business actually does... and explain to me *why two
space shuttles blew up, killing over 20 good men and a couple of
wimens.

Hey Phil. Shuttles have seven on board, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 6:25*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 18, 2:11*pm, phil scott wrote:

so now of course we have these in management... reviewing our
resume's... *well maybe yours.

I keep mine hidden.

When I get a resume request these days I tell them that I only submit
if the interviewer can explain what an
engineer in my business actually does... and explain to me *why two
space shuttles blew up, killing over 20 good men and a couple of
wimens.

Hey Phil. *Shuttles have seven on board, right?

err...I wasnt focusing on the head count but on the morons that sent
em up in weather known to shrink the
booster rocket O rings.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 18, 7:20*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"phil scott" wrote in message

[...]

So, did you try it?- Hide quoted text -

would you have

Posted to alt.home.repair

phil scott wrote:
[...]

Most are at least screened by computers....used to be good for laughs

when I worked in HR. Especially those with pix of the kids and family pets.

Sketchup grief MikeWhy Woodworking 44 April 7th 09 03:34 PM
Good Grief Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 4 October 9th 08 09:09 PM
Re-Carpeting Grief DemoDisk Home Repair 2 May 26th 08 05:55 PM
Congress allows limitless NSA spying on us all .. [email protected] Home Repair 27 August 9th 07 03:50 PM
A TIP that may save you a lot of grief charlieb Woodworking 20 June 6th 07 08:19 PM