Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default How to spare yersef limitless grief if you are still in the jobmarket

phil scott wrote:
The guy who did a head and valve job on my motorhome accidently
stepped on my oil dip stick... put a kink in that sucker. wouldnt
work after that. its a long one 42 inches. Grreat valve job
though, engine runs like a fine clock now.

so I took the kinky dip stick to Kragen Auto supply, and was helped
by
a very brright confident and assured young man who said he had a
replacement 'right here'...and handed me a bubble packed chrome dip
stick about 14 inches long.....

ahhh sed... err. 'it looks a little short to me'. ..what is it a
telescoping dip stick... he assured me that it was, and would fit
anything.

still confident and somewhat patronizingly he said...'look, it will
work, take it out and try it, if it doesnt work bring it back and we
can exchange it'...he said with an air of competence and surity that
would have done anyone proud.

He will no doubt be at a jiffy lube next, stripping out oil drain
plug
holes.

***

On other fronts, presented by another idiot.... Dr Dean Adel...but
this time maybe he was right.. Dr Dean reported on a study that
38%
of heart patients could not locate or identify the human heart in a
diagram of the human body...

I thought that was exciting.... in all the world, only Mexico faired
worse.

***

so now of course we have these in management... reviewing our
resume's... well maybe yours.

Most are at least screened by computers....used to be good for laughs

when I worked in HR. Especially those with pix of the kids and family pets.