Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PEX and compressed air

Steve Daniels wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:33:09 -0500, against all advice, something
compelled "Ralph Mowery" , to say:

I work where we have compressed air all over the plant. The compressors
operate on 4160 volts to give an adea of the size.

Wow.

Thass a lot a volts.

BIG MF compressor! LMAO.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
dpb wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
Thanks for the link. I read it. I think the danger is highly
overstated. We've had the occasional blowout, but it's always been a
failed glue joint. It's loud and inconvenient, but hardly dangerous.
Of course, none of the thousand or so joints I've personally done
have ever failed, because I'm meticulous with them.
We've had at least a half dozen OSHA inspectors over the last 30
years. None of them squawked about our PVC air lines. I wonder
what's really up with that. Seems odd to me that PVC could be rated
to 200 psi or so and then explode around 80 or 90. This strikes me
as the freak accident thing. The worst injury cited in your link
was a broken nose.

"PVC piping buried 3 feet underground at a Yakima manufacturing plant
exploded, opening up a crater approximately 4 feet deep by 3 feet
across."

i dare you to cite a link or document to support this ridiculous
statement.

Will a document from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety &
Health Administration suffice?

"PVC piping buried 3 feet underground at a Yakima manufacturing plant
exploded, opening up a crater approximately 4 feet deep by 3 feet across."

http://www.nmsu.edu/safety/news/news..._air_lines.htm

Of course, if you had asked for a RELIABLE source...

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Steve Barker wrote:

i dare you to cite a link or document to support this ridiculous statement.

I simply pasted it from the OSHA-site link earlier in the thread...

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
dpb wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
[...]

Or if i had asked for documentation that was LESS THAN TWO FUKKIN
DECADES OLD. Jeeeeze...

steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Or one with a little detail.
How big was the pipe? What was the pressure? Was this even air? Was it
hit with a backhoe?

This may give you a clue: "An employee in a Texas plant was injured recently
by a rupture in a PVC compressed air line".

Compressed Air Bill Woodworking 37 January 28th 09 12:48 AM
Compressed Air tutorial Jay Pique Woodworking 3 March 22nd 07 04:28 PM
Used compressed gas equipments Onder Koyuncu Metalworking 0 December 27th 06 07:53 PM
Gun for compressed air Greg Esres Home Repair 14 January 4th 06 02:08 AM
Dry compressed air Dick Woodturning 9 July 11th 05 09:07 PM