Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Coupon 20% off any item 5/15-5/18

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...ke ycode=0000
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...ke ycode=0000

Neat, they sent me one last week I used for a tile saw. They didn't send me
this one though, so thanks!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...ke ycode=0000
Appreciated that, went out this morning and picked up the HF Multi-Master
type tool. 32.00 bucks for it and it actually works.
Thanks again!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sat, 16 May 2009 12:50:35 -0700, evodawg
wrote:

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfr

Another SPAMMER gets PLONKED

Goodbye

***PLONK***

Hey! Red Green is not a spammer. If you've
been around long enough, you'd know that.
The guy was just sharing a tip on a sale.
Everyone knows that Harbor Freight is a
grown man's toy store. Wazza matter wit U?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
news
Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfr

Another SPAMMER gets PLONKED

Goodbye

***PLONK***

Guess who the real idiot is? Red Green is a regular here and posts some
good information. He often gives tips like a 20% discount coupon that some
here will appreciate.

For anyone that missed it, go here

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...ke ycode=0000

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfr

Another SPAMMER gets PLONKED

Goodbye

***PLONK***

Hey! Red Green is not a spammer. If you've
been around long enough, you'd know that.
The guy was just sharing a tip on a sale.
Everyone knows that Harbor Freight is a
grown man's toy store. Wazza matter wit U?

TDD

Why are you replying to a teenager who uses aioe as a newsgroup?
The Howard Stern fan doesn't even have a history in AHR.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

evodawg wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...do?week=2009&c
ampaign=RetailC&page=2009_retailC.html&r=4740_4597 97&cust=78080262025&k
eycode=0000 Appreciated that, went out this morning and picked up the
HF Multi-Master type tool. 32.00 bucks for it and it actually works.
Thanks again!

Actually, so did I. I tried the rectangular sawblade on some scrap 1xN.
Cut some notches, did some plunges. There's a hundred times this would
have made things a lot easier.

No blades for cutting metal, ceramics or grout. There is a "Diamond"
blade available for 6 bucks but it's round. Would not work for like
grout lines right up to the wall.

My guess is someday I'll be getting one of the better units mentioned in
a previous Fein thread below.

Subject: Fein tools?
From: RicodJour
Newsgroups: alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 4:02 am, SparkyGuy wrote:
I see many paid promotional infomercials on late-night TV touting the
MultiMaster power tool by Fein.

I'm always highly skeptical of anything advertised so ubiquitously,
but t

hat
aside, I'd never heard of Fein.

What's their reputation among power tool-using pros? What is their
qualit

y &
reputation (ie, service, etc.)? Not necessarily re. the MultiMaster
(but

if
you own one feel free to join in) -- what's Fein known for?

Thanks.

Here's a comparison review of a number of oscillating tools. To the
people that have used a Fein it comes as no surprise that it was
considered the best of the bunch and worth the price.

http://www.toolsnob.com/archives/200...undup.php#more

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in news
wrote:

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfr

Another SPAMMER gets PLONKED

Goodbye

***PLONK***

LOL! Just go away insignificant little man... snicker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfr

Another SPAMMER gets PLONKED

Goodbye

***PLONK***

Hey! Red Green is not a spammer. If you've
been around long enough, you'd know that.
The guy was just sharing a tip on a sale.
Everyone knows that Harbor Freight is a
grown man's toy store. Wazza matter wit U?

TDD

Why are you replying to a teenager who uses aioe as a newsgroup?
The Howard Stern fan doesn't even have a history in AHR.

Because it's amusing.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

Actually, so did I. I tried the rectangular sawblade on some scrap
1xN. Cut some notches, did some plunges. There's a hundred times this
would have made things a lot easier.

No blades for cutting metal, ceramics or grout. There is a "Diamond"
blade available for 6 bucks but it's round. Would not work for like
grout lines right up to the wall.

My guess is someday I'll be getting one of the better units mentioned
in a previous Fein thread below.

The Dremel 270° ceramic/metal/grout blade will fit your HF tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

evodawg wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:

Coupon good for May 15-18

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...do?week=2009&c
ampaign=RetailC&page=2009_retailC.html&r=4740_4597 97&cust=78080262025&k
eycode=0000 Appreciated that, went out this morning and picked up the
HF Multi-Master type tool. 32.00 bucks for it and it actually works.
Thanks again!

These lawyers are getting insanely rediculous. On page 5 of the insert:

Do not smoke during use. Nico-
tine reduces the blood supply to the
hands and fingers, increasing the risk
of vibration-related injury.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

I've always gotten my moneys worth at Harbor Freight.

When I had a big sanding job with porch railing,
I bought a "throwaway" sander at Harbor for $13
Quite frankly, on of the best, smoothest sanders I've ever owned.

Same story with a sabre saw...
bought the $15(?) unit for a one-time cutting job.
Smooth, accurate, cool-running.
Much better than any of the half-dozen American brands
that I've owned over the years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RJ wrote:

Much better than any of the half-dozen American brands
that I've owned over the years.

Not sure I'd go that far. I've thrown plenty of HF tools in the front yard
of the house I was working on. If you use a tool everyday you'd be advise
not to get it from HF. If you need it for one job then ok, if it last past
that youre batting 1000.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/
Posted to alt.home.repair

evodawg wrote:
RJ wrote:

Much better than any of the half-dozen American brands
that I've owned over the years.

Not sure I'd go that far. I've thrown plenty of HF tools in the front
yard of the house I was working on. If you use a tool everyday you'd
be advise not to get it from HF. If you need it for one job then ok,
if it last past that youre batting 1000.

Well, this is the HOME repair group - not the professional woodworker's
hiring hall. You could get a sooper-dooper quality tool and have it last for
generations.

For example, the hatchet that George Washinton used to chop down the cherry
tree as a lad is still around. Since 1755 it's had its head replaced three
times and its handle eleven, but it's still the same super quality hatchet
it always was and will probably last another 300 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

evodawg wrote:
RJ wrote:

Much better than any of the half-dozen American brands
that I've owned over the years.

Not sure I'd go that far. I've thrown plenty of HF tools in the front
yard of the house I was working on. If you use a tool everyday you'd
be advise not to get it from HF. If you need it for one job then ok,
if it last past that youre batting 1000.

Well, this is the HOME repair group - not the professional woodworker's
hiring hall. You could get a sooper-dooper quality tool and have it last
for generations.

You're absolutely right, but without the pro's that come in here you'd not
get the answers to the questions asked. I have a couple of HF tools that I
bought for just one job and yes they're still going strong. 1 a power
planer Ive had for 4 years at least and I still use it. 2. 10" sliding
miter that I don't use except for rough cutting or abusive cutting like
Aluminum. And recently a Multi Master tool thanks to your coupon and it
being on sale.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

For example, the hatchet that George Washinton used to chop down the
cherry tree as a lad is still around. Since 1755 it's had its head
replaced three times and its handle eleven, but it's still the same super
quality hatchet it always was and will probably last another 300 years.

And I always thought that was a myth???