Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Climatouch Thermostat / Furnace help

I installed a Climatouch digital thermostat about 5 years ago,
everything has worked great. This winter the furnace did not seem to
be heating the house properly so before next winter I was going to get
everything checked as the furnace is about 17 years old.

Well, I woke this morning and the furnace was not on. I checked the
Climatouch and it is not on either - dead with no display. I checked
the circuit breakers and all the power in the house is working
properly.

So now I'm not sure if I have a dead furnace or just a dead
Climatouch? Would the Climatouch go out if the one of the furnace
components did? Looking for any advice before I call someone in and
spend $$$.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 8:50*am, wrote:

I installed a Climatouch digital thermostat about 5 years ago,
everything has worked great. This winter the furnace did not seem to
be heating the house properly so before next winter I was going to get
everything checked as the furnace is about 17 years old.

Well, I woke this morning and the furnace was not on. I checked the
Climatouch and it is not on either - dead with no display. I checked
the circuit breakers and all the power in the house is working
properly.

So now I'm not sure if I have a dead furnace or just a dead
Climatouch? Would the Climatouch go out if the one of the furnace
components did? Looking for any advice before I call someone in and
spend $$$.

Thanks for your help.

Does the thermostat take batteries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Apr 17, 8:50 am, wrote:

I installed a Climatouch digital thermostat about 5 years ago,
everything has worked great. This winter the furnace did not seem to
be heating the house properly so before next winter I was going to get
everything checked as the furnace is about 17 years old.

Well, I woke this morning and the furnace was not on. I checked the
Climatouch and it is not on either - dead with no display. I checked
the circuit breakers and all the power in the house is working
properly.

So now I'm not sure if I have a dead furnace or just a dead
Climatouch? Would the Climatouch go out if the one of the furnace
components did? Looking for any advice before I call someone in and
spend $$$.

Thanks for your help.

Does the thermostat take batteries.

Hi,
And do you se 24V AC control voltage in the furnace?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

So now I'm not sure if I have a dead furnace or just a dead
Climatouch? Would the Climatouch go out if the one of the furnace
components did? Looking for any advice before I call someone in and
spend $$$.

Thanks for your help.

The thermostat is probably getting its 24 volts from the furnace. Be sure
you have power going to the furnace first. If you have power to it, check
for a transformer and see if the output is working. If you don't see it or
have no clue, call a pro. Replacing the proper part the first time by a pro
is cheaper than shotgunning by a DIY

Posted to alt.home.repair

With that tiny hint of information, we're supposed to
diagnose an ancient furnace which gets no maintenance? We
don't have much to work with.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Furnace running with thermostat off fzbuilder Home Repair 29 May 21st 19 07:48 PM
Old Lennox Furnace - Model GH6 100T (maybe thermostat maybe furnace problem) jack Home Repair 5 November 9th 08 02:22 PM
Trane xl1800 & Climatouch Thermostat lvc Home Repair 1 December 23rd 05 02:57 PM
Where to put furnace thermostat? John Home Repair 4 January 27th 05 04:32 AM
Thermostat or furnace problem? Doug Home Repair 7 February 11th 04 06:40 PM