Posted to alt.home.repair

Default oil burner

I have a problem the burner does not shut off. I turned the thermastat and
the water temp down still running and then disconnected both and it still
would not shut down ------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"wolf69" wrote in message
I have a problem the burner does not shut off. I turned the thermastat and
the water temp down still running and then disconnected both and it still
would not shut down ------------------------------------

Not enough info. Sounds like a hot water boiler, but it's not clear what
water temperature you turned down. A thermostat can't keep a boiler running
continuously, however a bad aquastat in an aquastat relay can. It would help
if you described the system and all it's components, but it does sound like
a defective aquastat relay

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:59:31 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Apr 15, 12:06*pm, (wolf69) wrote:
I have a problem the burner does not shut off. I turned the thermastat and
the water temp down still running and then disconnected both and it still
would not shut down *------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Probably shorted thermostat wire, but flip off the panel breaker for
the unit if it doesn't have a separate 120V switch and get
professional help.

Well if it's really just a shorted theromstat wiret, does he need
professional help? Is the OP known to not be good at repairs.
Winter's almost over in much of the world. He has the whole summer to
fix it.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"wolf69" wrote in message
I have a problem the burner does not shut off. I turned the thermastat and
the water temp down still running and then disconnected both and it still
would not shut down ------------------------------------

If it burns for eight days and eight nights dude, get back to us quick!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message

Well if it's really just a shorted theromstat wiret, does he need
professional help? Is the OP known to not be good at repairs.
Winter's almost over in much of the world. He has the whole summer to
fix it.

Joe

Yes, because the burner is controlled by an aquastat. If he does not know
that or how to get to it and test it, a pro is needed. In most setups, the
thermostat turns the circulator on when it wants heat.

In this case it can be a bad relay, sensor, aquastat.

log burner Staffbull UK diy 62 December 26th 07 10:55 AM
oil burner [email protected] UK diy 4 December 27th 06 04:28 PM
Buy new Oil Burner or fix old one? Tony Home Repair 1 November 15th 06 12:20 AM
Gas burner Briggs Home Repair 3 July 13th 06 11:50 AM
Mad Dog CD burner JURB6006 Electronics Repair 7 November 22nd 04 12:33 PM